• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

31 minutes ago, nando714 said:

is cozart playing 2nd or 3rd

i feel like people forget about him 

I fully anticipate Cozart playing 2B. That was the plan from the start until Kinsler fell in their lap. Cozart looked great defensively at 2B last season and with Ward making a giant leap last year, it makes the move more likely. Still, with Flrtcher being as gifted defensively as he is, and Rengifo and Jones in the system, Cozart now must either put up or shut up. If he doesn't perform well, he'll either be relegated to utility or he'll be dealt. There are too many gifted prospects knocking on the proverbial door.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Also, I predict the Angels will make a major move before tomorrow night. 

define major.... and your predictions mean nothing if there's nothing you are willing to give up like AO. Predict and then say if I am wrong you will stop posting for a week.

from MLBTR predictions:

9.  J.A. Happ – Angels.  Three years, $48MM.  Happ, 36, has emerged as one of the top starting pitchers in this free agent class.  The lefty experienced a career resurgence upon a 2015 trade to the Pirates, with success that largely continued throughout a subsequent three-year contract with Toronto.  Happ was dealt to the Yankees in July of this year and recorded a 2.69 ERA in 11 starts.  He can be prone to the long ball, but Happ put up a career-best strikeout rate this year and generally limits walks.  Rich Hill was signed through his age-39 season, so it’s plausible Happ could be inked through age 38 on his own new three-year pact.  Quite a few contending teams could see value in installing the quality veteran, particularly those that fail to land or aren’t enamored of higher-priced options.

it seems as if nobody has offered him the 3rd year. which team will blink first?

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

Your assessment of Bellinger being worse every than than when he was a rookie was loaded with rock solid analysis as well, Tank. 

i offered an opinion. you made a declaration. apples and snow tires.

Happ is an interesting case. He began his career with three very good years at ages 25-26-27. Then he went on to be somewhere between mediocre and suck for the next 5 years. Seemed like his arm had burnt out and he was on his way out the door. Then he followed that with four straight stellar performances, better than he had ever pitched before at 32-33-34-35.

I honestly have no idea what the future hold for him. He's been all over the map during his career. I'd go two years, but at three, that's a significant investment on an asset that we just don't know enough about to predict.