• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2018 Hot Stove League

greginpsca

14 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Lots of pitching and no more complementary players like Joyce, Maybin, or Blash

They need to get a good catcher, I’m really hoping for Austin Hedges from SD, they are stacked with catching talent in their system. Definitely 2 starters, one that can slot into the top of the rotation. I don’t see anyone biting on Calhoun but if they could offload him it would be great. I really want an OF/1B to cover 1st when Albert sucks/gets hurt. Wil Meyers makes a lot of sense if they could afford the contract. 

Rosenthal's latest for the Athletic (paywall)...
https://theathletic.com/705014/2018/12/10/rosenthal-angels-more-active-than-anticipated-harper-to-st-louis-unlikely-reds-want-to-move-scooter-more-notes/

Highlights basically state that the Angels are far more active than anticipated (pitching specifically) and quietly made strong runs at both Corbin and Eovaldi.
Also reported the Angels are looking at catching and infield help. 

He cites them as a sleeper and recalled the '11 Winter Meetings and Pujols/Wilson signings.

9 hours ago, TroutField said:

They need to get a good catcher, I’m really hoping for Austin Hedges from SD, they are stacked with catching talent in their system. Definitely 2 starters, one that can slot into the top of the rotation. I don’t see anyone biting on Calhoun but if they could offload him it would be great. I really want an OF/1B to cover 1st when Albert sucks/gets hurt. Wil Meyers makes a lot of sense if they could afford the contract. 

Man Myers and Hedges would be amazing. I know Meyers always seems to be hurt, but that dudes a gamer and I've just always been a fan of him. Able to field 1st and 3b also outfield. Hedges is a pretty horrible hitter, but always seems to be a great catcher

32 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Rosenthal's latest for the Athletic (paywall)...
https://theathletic.com/705014/2018/12/10/rosenthal-angels-more-active-than-anticipated-harper-to-st-louis-unlikely-reds-want-to-move-scooter-more-notes/

Highlights basically state that the Angels are far more active than anticipated (pitching specifically) and quietly made strong runs at both Corbin and Eovaldi.
Also reported the Angels are looking at catching and infield help. 

He cites them as a sleeper and recalled the '11 Winter Meetings and Pujols/Wilson signings.

image.png.b71035ac07ba51acf02d40ed07f45df8.png

7 minutes ago, popo85 said:

Think Positive maybe this time things turn out for the better with any major FA signings

I really hope we don't wind up with Keuchel. I'd rather sign three #4-#5 types with that money and hope one or two of them have career/above-average seasons.

Machado, I could go either way. Depends on the money and the other moves that happen.

I just hope we do not go after Kecheul...he a 3 that can eat innings and he's declining. 

reports are that Kikuchi really likes Sf and has them on the top for teams to sign him.

Happy may be the best choice left, but he's 36 and the yanks are going hard after him.

only person that's left that u could see Eppler going after is Grey.

I want no part of Kuechel as well. After seeing the contracts Corbin and Eovaldi got I’m glad we lost out but hopefully it doesn’t lead to a reckless signing by Arte.

I really want Machado because I love watching him play but if it came at the cost of other roster upgrades then I’m not so sure.

I think they'll sign someone for the back of the rotation - I still think David Robertson will be a top pen target as well. And then they'll trade to fill a mid/upper slot in the rotation. 

Machado may come into play simply because the Angels came into the offseason with an expectation to spend, and he winds up being the only piece that they'll have a realistic shot of signing.

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I think they'll sign someone for the back of the rotation - I still think David Robertson will be a top pen target as well. And then they'll trade to fill a mid/upper slot in the rotation. 

Machado may come into play simply because the Angels came into the offseason with an expectation to spend, and he winds up being the only piece that they'll have a realistic shot of signing.

Still worried about who would hit leadoff if we got Machado. Ideally we could flip Calhoun for a SP and then sign somebody to play right and lead off, Markakis or Jon Jay could make some sense in that role. 

1. Markakis/Jay

2. Trout 

3. Machado

4. Ohtani

5. Upton

6. Pujols 

7. Simmons

8. Catcher acquisition 

9. Cozart/Fletcher 

10 minutes ago, totdprods said:

and he comes with no draft pick compensation....iy think if they strike out on Machado they go  after Moustakas for the same reason. Fills a need and no draft pick. 

My guess is that arm they trade for could be Bauer or Stroman.

6 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

and he comes with no draft pick compensation....iy think if they strike out on Machado they go  after Moustakas for the same reason. Fills a need and no draft pick. 

My guess is that arm they trade for could be Bauer or Stroman.

That seems like a totally realistic outcome.