• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Recipe Of The Day: Butternut Squash Lasagna

i love butternut squash. since i can't eat pasta any more i'd change the noodles to something else, but i'd eat this in a heartbeat. certainly has to be better than the frozen stouffer's vegetarian lasagna ever-present at every church potluck i attend.

Correct, it is not pasta and will never replace real lasagna sheets. So please let's not appropriate a name if something very specific and make some bastardized dish that doesn't represent it. 

By the way, last week I made an excellent lasagna using a meat sauce that had braised short rib. It was absolutely delicious. The way it was intended, not a vegetable casserole. 

12 hours ago, Blarg said:

Correct, it is not pasta and will never replace real lasagna sheets. So please let's not appropriate a name if something very specific and make some bastardized dish that doesn't represent it. 

By the way, last week I made an excellent lasagna using a meat sauce that had braised short rib. It was absolutely delicious. The way it was intended, not a vegetable casserole. 

it's all cool, buddy.

btw, guess what we're having next time you come over for lunch?

2 minutes ago, calscuf said:

Have you even tried spaghetti squash?

Yes. It's not spaghetti, it's just thin sliced squash. It doesn't hold up well in a sauce and looses it's texture. Now if you want to find a more appropriate name for it rather than taking an actual name of a specific food then we're on another subject of vegetables and their varied uses. 

I didn't cook it. I left that to the chefs at the restaurant I went to. If they botched it I can only imagine how poorly I would do on my own. 

I like vegetables and a wide variety but I don't find forcing them into dishes they don't belong apitizing. Like lasagna with butternut squash. It's just not going to elevate a dish that has texture problems to start with. On the other hand I do like mushroom and spinach combinations.