• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mega Millions jackpot up to $1 billion tonight

20 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

This is actually the first piece of advice that experts give to lottery winners. They say to resist the temptation to claim the prize immediately, and to give yourself time to set up all of the necessary services first (tax accountant, attorney, etc.). You would also need someone to take and screen your calls, because every crackpot with an investment scheme would be contacting you - not to mention the friends and relatives who haven't contacted you in years.

Because of the latter, it is advised that you be very selective about who you tell - presuming that you live in a state that allows you to remain anonymous.

Way too complicated for me. This is more my speed if I were to win:

2chicks.gif

On 10/21/2018 at 5:43 PM, Brandon said:

Does this work?

I got this on a tip from here and a buddy but when I look, even the initial 50k in points is only $250 points. I was break-in this down with someone the other day where the interest paid alone doesn't equate to the rewards and seeing what I see with the flight rewards (both Chase and Southwest), it's not much at all and definitely not worth any interest.....obviously the goal is to not have any and pay the card off in full every month.

The 50K in points is actually about $700. Good for a decent first trip (or two tickets if you want to take a chick, and time flights right)

After that, i use the card like my debit card and make sure to pay the balance every week. Never pay interest.

3x points for restaraunts and travel. It adds up after awhile. I make sure to use it all the time even if i have points, just to build up. I was up to about 5K in travel until recently and started taking big trips again.

If you book through their website, the points are worth more. 

You can also transfer to other clubs, but ive never done it.

But basically, right now i have about $3K in points. Never paid interest. So just for spending money i was going to spend anyway, when I change companies (fingers crossed) and have a break between old job and new, Im doing a one way ticket around the world for a month or so, and chase is paying for it.

23 hours ago, Blarg said:

$550 million after taxes and you're looking for free miles. :lol:

The lotto winnings will go to my baseball team ($180 mill) the rest yacht fuel ($365 million), with the rest going to the INO id build in Wisconsin so Nate could finally tell @Tank to take his sorrys and shove it.

Just kidding, id never do that to tank.

On 10/22/2018 at 7:36 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

The 50K in points is actually about $700. Good for a decent first trip (or two tickets if you want to take a chick, and time flights right)

After that, i use the card like my debit card and make sure to pay the balance every week. Never pay interest.

3x points for restaraunts and travel. It adds up after awhile. I make sure to use it all the time even if i have points, just to build up. I was up to about 5K in travel until recently and started taking big trips again.

If you book through their website, the points are worth more. 

You can also transfer to other clubs, but ive never done it.

But basically, right now i have about $3K in points. Never paid interest. So just for spending money i was going to spend anyway, when I change companies (fingers crossed) and have a break between old job and new, Im doing a one way ticket around the world for a month or so, and chase is paying for it.

You're right. I used my initial points on Spring Training but totally last minute to where the short flight from OC to PHX was somewhere around 1k to 1.5k and the points covered most of it. I think I calculated the same.

I think my problem is I am having fun making a monster out of a 2015 VW GTI and 20k is still money spent and earned, but not at a travel clip or the bonus points. I seem to make big purchases and pay it off opposed to those with the 2x or 3x point rewards.

2 hours ago, Tank said:

so was there a winner last night? thought i heard that somewhere in south carolina there was a claim that a winning ticket had been sold.

there were four tickets in california with 5 of the numbers.

Someone here in SF had one of the 5of6 tickets.

It was not me sadly.