• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Mega Millions jackpot up to $1 billion tonight

15 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Fun fact: if I had a billion dollars, I could do this 10,000 times. That's every day for 27.4 years. 

You aren't taking into account interest growth over that time. That, combined with lowering your standards a bit (say, a $60,000 hooker) and you can push your number to 70+ years.

2 minutes ago, wopphil said:

You aren't taking into account interest growth over that time. That, combined with lowering your standards a bit (say, a $60,000 hooker) and you can push your number to 70+ years.

I'll be dead in 40 so no need for that

20 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I am so retired if I win even the lowest lottery jackpot. So long, see ya, sionara, good bye. Don't call, that phone number is no longer in service. Not one moments notice and I actually like my career. 

Yea, it is completely possible that when I told my company my plans they would just fill my spot now.  I would completely understand that, but they would honor my request to stay employed in a limited role.  There are just too many things I would miss that aren’t work related.  When you have been with the same company for 30 years, and have watched it grow, and you have built all of the relationships, the work really isn’t work.  I think I would actually love more of the extra stuff we do or have to do if I wasn’t doing my actual job in addition to the extra stuff.  

5 hours ago, Stradling said:

Yea, it is completely possible that when I told my company my plans they would just fill my spot now.  I would completely understand that, but they would honor my request to stay employed in a limited role.  There are just too many things I would miss that aren’t work related.  When you have been with the same company for 30 years, and have watched it grow, and you have built all of the relationships, the work really isn’t work.  I think I would actually love more of the extra stuff we do or have to do if I wasn’t doing my actual job in addition to the extra stuff.  

I tell you what, if you win give me the ticket and I'll make sure you have a well funded retirement package.

4 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Jackpot is estimated at $1.6 BILLION.

I'll break down and buy a couple tickets. 

Depending on the lottery calculator used, the lump sum is anywhere between $550 and $690 million after taxes. 

22 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I tell you what, if you win give me the ticket and I'll make sure you have a well funded retirement package.

It obviously wouldn’t be about retirement, it is about being part of something.  One of the weird parts of working for my company is it becomes a very consuming portion of your life and I say that in a very positive way.  I can only compare it to my impression of the Mormon church.  

27 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I would be a part of the million miles club.

I would too.  I really wish I would have paid more attention to getting frequent flyer clubs earlier in my life.  I have been to a bunch of places over the years, but not going on as many trips the last decade.  

29 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I would too.  I really wish I would have paid more attention to getting frequent flyer clubs earlier in my life.  I have been to a bunch of places over the years, but not going on as many trips the last decade.  

Get a chase sapphire card.

Use it for everything, like cash.

Give it a few months. Then you can start taking trips pretty often.

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

It obviously wouldn’t be about retirement, it is about being part of something.  One of the weird parts of working for my company is it becomes a very consuming portion of your life and I say that in a very positive way.  I can only compare it to my impression of the Mormon church.  

you INO guys wear special underwear at work? 

first thing i'd do is call a good tax attorney and set up some kind of trust/foundation. people will be coming out of the woodwork with their hands out and acting like you owe it to them to help out, and i want to be choosy about who i help and who i turn down.

i'd also shut down all of my social media immediately.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Does this work?

I got this on a tip from here and a buddy but when I look, even the initial 50k in points is only $250 points. I was break-in this down with someone the other day where the interest paid alone doesn't equate to the rewards and seeing what I see with the flight rewards (both Chase and Southwest), it's not much at all and definitely not worth any interest.....obviously the goal is to not have any and pay the card off in full every month.

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

$550 million after taxes and you're looking for free miles. :lol:

3 hours ago, Tank said:

first thing i'd do is call a good tax attorney and set up some kind of trust/foundation.

This is actually the first piece of advice that experts give to lottery winners. They say to resist the temptation to claim the prize immediately, and to give yourself time to set up all of the necessary services first (tax accountant, attorney, etc.). You would also need someone to take and screen your calls, because every crackpot with an investment scheme would be contacting you - not to mention the friends and relatives who haven't contacted you in years.

Because of the latter, it is advised that you be very selective about who you tell - presuming that you live in a state that allows you to remain anonymous.