• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Voter Suppression

3 hours ago, angelinkc said:

I thought voter fraud was impossible

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Beat me to it 

Not impossible, it just rarely seems to happen by the people or in the manner that Republicans say it does.

17 hours ago, Franklin Bluth said:

Not impossible, it just rarely seems to happen by the people or in the manner that Republicans say it does.

I think our current systems are fairly safe. The mass mailing of blank ballots is my issue. The tracking is good but can also be bad. People's right not to vote should also be protected. Imagine a world where politicians know who has yet to vote a month prior to the election. I can see residents getting a knock on their door reminding them to vote correctly. Now take the police out of the equation We could potentially have major cities with no law enforcement and millions of empty ballots that need to be cast. It won't be long until antifa and the proud boys become third party collectors. 

I don't have a problem with an absentee system that requires a request and a postmark date for return. An individual drop box is pretty safe as well.  

1 hour ago, Franklin Bluth said:

It makes so much sense for people to wait in ridiculously long lines to vote instead of being able to vote by mail. It's the American way.

Some like the idea of having a safe secure location to cast a secret ballot. A wife might disagree with her husband and potentially have her voiced silenced. That role may be reversed in your house but you should appreciate the ability to vote freely without fear or influence 

2 hours ago, angelinkc said:

Some like the idea of having a safe secure location to cast a secret ballot. A wife might disagree with her husband and potentially have her voiced silenced. That role may be reversed in your house but you should appreciate the ability to vote freely without fear or influence 

My wife and I fill out our ballots together. We go through each item and candidate on the ballot, do research, and then decide on how we're going to vote. We don't always see eye to eye, and don't vote 100% the same.

The last ballot took us about 2 hours to go through. It allowed us to make more informed decisions on what we were voting for.

I know you don't allow women to speak in your household, but maybe you could have your wife draw pictures of what she wants to vote for, like how they have women communicate in Handmaid's Tale.

On 6/9/2020 at 9:29 PM, Franklin Bluth said:

My wife and I fill out our ballots together. We go through each item and candidate on the ballot, do research, and then decide on how we're going to vote. We don't always see eye to eye, and don't vote 100% the same.

The last ballot took us about 2 hours to go through. It allowed us to make more informed decisions on what we were voting for.

I know you don't allow women to speak in your household, but maybe you could have your wife draw pictures of what she wants to vote for, like how they have women communicate in Handmaid's Tale.

My wife is not a citizen by design so I can influence Mexican politics. You kind of proved my point. You should have the right to vote in private and not be forced to watch Maddow and Lemon prior to voting. Her allowing you to pick the sanitation chief is hardly freedom of choice. 

1 minute ago, angelinkc said:

My wife is not a citizen by design so I can influence Mexican politics. You kind of proved my point. You should have the right to vote in private and not be forced to watch Maddow and Lemon prior to voting. Her allowing you to pick your on sanitation chief is hardly freedom of choice. 

I've never watched Maddow or Lemon. Have you?

I avoid CNN, MSNBC, and other far left leaning news sources. 

We used new machines in California back in March, they closed a lot of former polling stations because of it, and the lines were ridiculous. It’s now happening across the country. This smacks of a conspiracy, and you have to wonder who benefits most from voters having to wait hours in line.

saw a black lady on the news tonight from Georgia. She went to a mostly white district and was done within ten minutes. Went to her regular district, which is mostly black, and she waited in line for two hours ( she didn’t vote a second time, she was just doing it to compare wait times). 

14 minutes ago, Tank said:

We used new machines in California back in March, they closed a lot of former polling stations because of it, and the lines were ridiculous. It’s now happening across the country. This smacks of a conspiracy, and you have to wonder who benefits most from voters having to wait hours in line.

saw a black lady on the news tonight from Georgia. She went to a mostly white district and was done within ten minutes. Went to her regular district, which is mostly black, and she waited in line for two hours ( she didn’t vote a second time, she was just doing it to compare wait times). 

It's not that difficult to figure out which party benefits most from black people not being able to vote.