• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The Official "Official 2018 World Series Thread"

m0nkey

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

That k zone this is honestly the worst thing that’s ever happened to baseball on tv. 

Makes every dope at a home a strike zone perfectionist.  As if strike zones being a non exact thing hasn’t been a part of baseball since literally the first time they started playing baseball. 

I thought joe West did a good job in the Houston game. 

11 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The players need to learn a new strike every game...

I really don’t understand this.  Honestly I’m not trying to be a dick.  Did you play baseball much ? I never felt like I had to learn “new strikes” I felt like every pitcher gave you a different look and every umpire was slightly different.  I never thought it was anything other then the game.  By no means was I any good at baseball.  I don’t know.  I just don’t understand this stuff. 

Sometimes umps are egregiously bad.  But it seems pretty rare to me.  What’s bad is when they’re consistently inconsistent.  Sometimes a close pitch will go one way to the other.  I think that’s just part of the game.  It’s what makes it challenging.  Like I said, if it’s close.  Don’t be looking.  I feel like pro’s get this. 

2 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

I have seen nothing from Aguillar to make me impressed in any way.

Honestly he looks shitty.  AB’s aren’t particularly good.  Long swing.  And he’s fat and slow.  At least Domingo Santana looks like an athlete. 

Sure would be nice if the Angels could ever get one these guys to go off for 30 homers randomly. 

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I really don’t understand this.  Honestly I’m not trying to be a dick.  Did you play baseball much ? I never felt like I had to learn “new strikes” I felt like every pitcher gave you a different look and every umpire was slightly different.  I never thought it was anything other then the game.  By no means was I any good at baseball.  I don’t know.  I just don’t understand this stuff. 

Sometimes umps are egregiously bad.  But it seems pretty rare to me.  What’s bad is when they’re consistently inconsistent.  Sometimes a close pitch will go one way to the other.  I think that’s just part of the game.  It’s what makes it challenging.  Like I said, if it’s close.  Don’t be looking.  I feel like pro’s get this. 

It was something either a player or a commentator said yesterday, I really can't remember who said it, but I watch every game and one Umpire will call the outside pitch a strike, another will give a pitcher the low strike, another the high strike. I see it every game.