• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Long Beach Airport?

NJHalo

Long Beach airport is awesome.  I always try to fly in or out of there or OC long before I look for flights at LAX.  Parking is easy, getting through security is quick, if you're taking an uber/lyft or picking up/dropping off it's easy and they've got a few little bars you can stop at before the Vegas flight.  The way the pickup/drop off is set up is that it's only 2 lanes so you can't sit there all day like people seem to do at LAX especially when there's no cop around to tell them to keep moving.  If it wasn't for the international terminal at LAX I would literally have no reason to go to LA and I'm okay with that.  They continue to add more flights to LB/OC like Hawaii, NY direct on jet blue and so on which means less trips to LAX for me.  

19 hours ago, Adam said:

Which card? And you have to book through AMEX? 

Amex platinum card. Aside from points and restaurant/show hookups, it's 100% worth it if your main airport has Centurion lounge.

Nope no need to book anything through Amex, you just need to show them the card and your boarding pass at the lounge. Can bring a guest too. 

Free top-shelf booze at the full bar, they have kitchen cooking legit food, huge wine bar, snacks to take, etc. Bunch of TVs, play room for kids, showers, etc.

It's awesome. 

24 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

Amex platinum card. Aside from points and restaurant/show hookups, it's 100% worth it if your main airport has Centurion lounge.

Nope no need to book anything through Amex, you just need to show them the card and your boarding pass at the lounge. Can bring a guest too. 

Free top-shelf booze at the full bar, they have kitchen cooking legit food, huge wine bar, snacks to take, etc. Bunch of TVs, play room for kids, showers, etc.

It's awesome. 

Interesting. We ditched the platinum card a couple years ago when Costco switched off of Amex. May have to reconsider. I'll have to scope out my likely travel schedule next year. 

I have something similar with Chase. I did some research and was told by quite a few to grab the Chase Platinum Preferred card because of the points and the lounge. Haven't got to go to one yet because the places I have been to don't have the exact lounge.....PHX had some kind of weird one I didn't have time to check out and DEN doesn't have a lounge, but they have a high end steakhouse that is the Chase spot, but required some RSVP I didn't know about. Rewards have been ok and I have used and like the concierge service to book or change flight plans.

Heard good things about the Amex services and may look into it.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I have something similar with Chase. I did some research and was told by quite a few to grab the Chase Platinum Preferred card because of the points and the lounge. Haven't got to go to one yet because the places I have been to don't have the exact lounge.....PHX had some kind of weird one I didn't have time to check out and DEN doesn't have a lounge, but they have a high end steakhouse that is the Chase spot, but required some RSVP I didn't know about. Rewards have been ok and I have used and like the concierge service to book or change flight plans.

Heard good things about the Amex services and may look into it.

I have the Chase card and it's pretty awesome. The Phoenix lounge is pretty useless. But I used the lounge in China and it was awesome. Free food and drinks and a nice shower. It was great after a 15 hour flight. Chase also refunds your $300 in travel expenses each year (including Uber) so the card pays for itself. 

1 hour ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

You all should look into throwing bags part-time for a legacy carrier. The unlimited free first class seats all over the world is amazing. Earlier this year my wife and I round tripped ATL-Madrid in Delta One for $60 total.

can you really do a ROUND trip on a FLAT earth?

1 hour ago, Jobu said:

Long Beach is fine, but can you bring YOUR WEED???

https://abc7.com/travel/lax-will-allow-passengers-to-carry-pot/4355517/

Lady and I flew to Vegas a couple weeks back. Flew there and back without issue with our TSA pre-check status. We start unpacking and my girlfriend accidentally had her vape pen in the bottom of her purse the whole time. Luckily both states are legal, but what a clusterfuck that could have been.