• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Does anyone want Sosh back? If not, who do ya want?

MrClutch

Jerry has a method.  Every resource goes into the major league club.  Any team that brings him on should know that's his MO.   

He's actually done some nice things for the M's major league roster.  

He's not going to build.  It's who he is.  

He did what he was built to do for us and the m's.  I don't think it'll work but we'll see.  

The season is already over for the Mariners next year because they have zero trade equity, their pitching staff is crap and will all be over 30 next season. Cruz is a 38 year old free agent, Cano will be 36 without his roids, Span starts next year at 35. They have no youth movement, no depth.  

Dipoto is handcuffed without diving into free agency. And we all know how successful his big splashes were, I doubt he will be much better this hot stove season.  

10 hours ago, disarcina said:

Want Sosh back?  Not really - don't think it's going to happen. Sosh has been great for the Angels organization and his accomplishments here at the winningest Halos manager of all time is appreciated.

But after about what? FIVE YEARS, at least now, of high hopes and disappointing seasons -- it's time to 'turn the page' to use one of Sosh's frequent post game quotes after a loss.

I think the managerial sweepstakes come down to BRAD AUSMUS and ERIC CHAVEZ.

I'd say Ausmus has the inside track but he seems to generate significant blow back here on Angelswin.com -- not sure why. Didn't think he was that terrible in Detroit -- didn't he also manage in Houston?

Eric Chavez seems to be the fan favorite, Angelswin.com choice here.

I see a two tier approach - two years of Ausmus during a sort of re-building period and then Eric Chavez - who continues to manage at SLC - AAA ball in 2019, becomes either bench coach or third base coach in 2020 and then Halos skipper in 2021..........that's a scenario I could see happening.

Of course, if Halos fans create a huge blow back on the possibility of Ausmus being named - in this era of social media -- that may make a difference.

Why in the hell did you have "high hopes" during the last 5 year .

2014 maybe.  However that team grossly over achieved.

The personal of team has been flat out bad with exception of Trout.

I do expect Scioscia to be gone.  First ten years was the greatest in Angel history. The last nine have been disappointing.  Arte repaid Scioscia by being loyal and letting him finish his contract. Although I would like to see Scioscia get 20 years but expect him to move on at the end of the year.

29 minutes ago, stormngt said:

Why in the hell did you have "high hopes" during the last 5 year .

2014 maybe.  However that team grossly over achieved.

The personal of team has been flat out bad with exception of Trout.

I do expect Scioscia to be gone.  First ten years was the greatest in Angel history. The last nine have been disappointing.  Arte repaid Scioscia by being loyal and letting him finish his contract. Although I would like to see Scioscia get 20 years but expect him to move on at the end of the year.

googly eyes GIF

My eyes! Where is @EnglishCop when you need him...

Even if he doesn't manage a 20th season, Scioscia already is 5th all time in games managed and wins with one team.    Only HOF's Mack, McGraw, Cox, and Alston are ahead of him.    And the next guy after him, Lasorda, is also in the HOF.   It's time for a fresh face, but agreed that letting Scioscia finish the 2018 season was the only correct move. 

Just now, Taylor said:

If I knew Jerry Dipoto personally, I would probably take his side in the drama he had with the Angels. It's difficult to see things objectively when you are personal friends with a party involved.

Can't stand Dipoto the GM, but very good point about those closest to someone being the last to see particular things in that friend.

After about 6 interviews, over the phone and in person, I once didn't get a position at nickelodeon because I was "too enthusiastic" about getting the position.

Point is, if you suck at a position or aren't qualified, the fact if someone is nice or fun to be around doesn't even belong in the conversation. Dipoto wrecked the Angels. That's not even an opinion, look at how hard it has been to be relevant in September since he put his fingerprints on the team. He brought nothing to this team that will be a part of any championship success, unless Ward or Jam Jones somehow pan out, but even so. If you're just talking about baseball, I don't see any way people can defend him and the job he did.

Scioscia should be gone at seasons end and Eppler should finally have the chance to put in his guy and get his vision of the team an actual shot of happening. Would love to see a a younger guy like Chavez or Paul (ugh, tag Pierzynski dammit) get a chance and see how our team responds.

25 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If I knew Jerry Dipoto personally, I would probably take his side in the drama he had with the Angels. It's difficult to see things objectively when you are personal friends with a party involved.

I know some people from this board that I can objectively say are jerks.

and one AHole 

The core of the Mariners is old, and getting older. Like Albert Pujols old. No prospects on the farm. Failed draft philosophy. That team has shown not to be a playoff team as constructed, with nothing in house to trade to get better. Ownership and fans will be looking up in the standings for several years at the 4 teams ahead of them very soon.

51 minutes ago, Troll Daddy said:

I’m a bit skeptical about anyone within the organization as the next Angel manager. I hope Eppler interviews many candidates for the job. The next manager may impact Trout’s future with the Angels. 

I’m on the Erstad bandwagon ... maybe because, I love his intensity. 

He certainly has the focus and intensity.   But can he incorporate enough new age baseball metrics as well, while keeping a solid clubhouse and emphasizing all 3 areas of the game (pitching, offense, defense)?    Whoever best fits that, should be the next manager.

Its amazing how good or bad a manager looks based on the roster. Does anyone think anyone else could have led this year’s shit show to a better than a .500 record?

I’m not a Sosh bandwagoner, but who would be better in 2019 if stuck with the same pieces, i.e. same roster (no major additions), same amount of injuries.

20 hours ago, MrClutch said:

LOL.  You people are disgustingly petty.  Personal attacks show what kind of people you are.  What a bunch of Facking idiots.

To the one or two sane and normal people who know how to be adults, thanks for the conversation despite differing opinions.

I am sorry your experience on the message boards went not so smooth. There is some very smart, kind people on the message board. But as with all internet message boards there can be some jerky people.... normally there is a correlation to there knowledge of the subject matter.... or lack thereof.

As far as Dipoto goes I do take umbrage. We will have to agree to diasagree. I am definitely not a fan of his.

As to your question about the manager. I don't know? The current manager has done okay. He has done a lot more for the franchise than anyone else ever has. it would be weird to not see him in the dugout. 

One thing that I have done is to just make a point/ post/ thread and than never go back to that particular discussion. That way I get the last word in. I have conviction in what my opinion is so I do not need the opinions from certain posters who have never played the game before..... & normally I am correct so i can either relish in it.... or I guess I could bump the thread.... but that can be construed as a little douchey. This techniques seems to make me feel good and like I said it allows me to get the last word in without getting sucked into all there silliness..... which is probably there main goal anyways. 

But like I said there is some good, smart people on this board..... even the jerky ones I have to admit are pretty funny. You can laugh with them or at them.... your choice.

16 hours ago, calscuf said:

Personally I don’t think the Fat Man is to blame for much, lately.  I think people forget the value of consistency within an organization.  Honestly I’d much rather have him than a revolving door of disappointing guys.  If he’s done, ok, but if he stuck around, I wouldn’t be bothered either.  I think there is a good balance between him and Eppler now.

we'll see how you feel after Jay Buhner is hired.