• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols to have bone spurs removed from his elbow

jsnpritchett

This team can occasionally be pretty stubborn when it comes to decisions that can go one way or another. But there's no freakin' way they're going to bench a 24 year mold Shohei Ohtani in favor of a 40 year old Albert Pujols.

The Angels can be pretty stupid sometimes, but no team is THAT stupid unless they're actively attempting to lose. Obviously Shohei won't play every single game, particularly later in the season when he is rehabbing and on the mound. But unless he is injured, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't DH 140+ games next year.

7 hours ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

It all depends on who the manager is. 

I think that is part of it, for sure....but if Ohtani continues to mash, I don't think any manager will play a .240 hitting 40 year old over an elite 24 year old....unless the higher ups tell him to...

I think that Albert is trying to play long enough to pass Willie Mays on the all time home run list.  He's currently 27 HR behind, which, IMO, is the equivalent of one very good, complete season.  

At 40, I don't think he'll be able to do that, and the way that his numbers are trending, I wouldn't expect more than 15 homers from Albert in 2019, if he plays at all.

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I haven't hated a player this much since Mo Vaughn.

And the organization sucks for continuing to think this old fart can contribute to a championship caliber ball club.

I certainly wouldn't be unhappy if Albert was done with baseball and it is clear that his contract was a complete disaster. This is a fact.

What I don't understand is hating a person who literally has zero impact on your life.  

8 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

If Pujols isn't on the DL he's going to get 90+% of starts. I assume he starts at DH against most lefties and 1B against all righties. Ward/Thaiss/Walsh will be the losers in this situation. I wouldn't be surprised if Thaiss gets traded since he's blocked for 3 more years. 

Albert f*cking up the future of the franchise, as well as its present.   Nice.

11 minutes ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

If Pujols isn't on the DL he's going to get 90+% of starts. I assume he starts at DH against most lefties and 1B against all righties. Ward/Thaiss/Walsh will be the losers in this situation. I wouldn't be surprised if Thaiss gets traded since he's blocked for 3 more years. 

Sitting an elite 24 year old hitter so Pujols can DH against lefties will be interesting....

2 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Albert f*cking up the future of the franchise, as well as its present.   Nice.

I don't like it, and I doubt there's a single manager out there that would be brave enough to bench him (so it's not a Scioscia problem). And we know he's gonna continue dragging his bloated, heaving corpse out there until we fall out of the race and he gets his yearly surgery. He's too prideful to do otherwise

10 hours ago, Scotty@AW said:

This team can occasionally be pretty stubborn when it comes to decisions that can go one way or another. But there's no freakin' way they're going to bench a 24 year mold Shohei Ohtani in favor of a 40 year old Albert Pujols.

The Angels can be pretty stupid sometimes, but no team is THAT stupid unless they're actively attempting to lose. Obviously Shohei won't play every single game, particularly later in the season when he is rehabbing and on the mound. But unless he is injured, I don't see any reason why he shouldn't DH 140+ games next year.

tenor.gif?itemid=5458781

Think about how bonkers(appropriately) this place is going to be when Pujols takes AB’s from Ohtani next year.  It’s going to be hilarious. The only viable solution to this is buying him out.   This roster juggling bullshit is ridiculous.  The Angels are less good with Albert Pujols.   Fuckin figure it out Eppler.  He’s not the best 1B on the roster.  And we have no good 1B right now. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

52 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Think about how bonkers(appropriately) this place is going to be when Pujols takes AB’s from Ohtani next year.  It’s going to be hilarious. The only viable solution to this is buying him out.   This roster juggling bullshit is ridiculous.  The Angels are less good with Albert Pujols.   Fuckin figure it out Eppler.  He’s not the best 1B on the roster.  And we have no good 1B right now. 

See if the Cards will at least pay $10 million of the remaining $87 million, and have him come back home for a farewell tour.   Arte ate some $70+ million for Hackilton.   He can do the same for Pujols.    Even $3.33 million less payroll for 2019-2021 is an improvement.

5 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

See if the Cards will at least pay $10 million of the remaining $87 million, and have him come back home for a farewell tour.   Arte ate some $70+ million for Hackilton.   He can do the same for Pujols.    Even $3.33 million less payroll for 2019-2021 is an improvement.

Without a DH, they don't have any place to play him either....