• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Shohei Ohtani Has New UCL Damage

mulwin444

2 minutes ago, daygloman said:

The smart thing to do would have been repairing it upon discovery, and then have PLENTY of time to recover. 

Instead, they decided to put asses in the seats.

You reap what you sow.

You realize there is no loss of time between having the surgery a couple months ago when it was discovered and if he has the surgery in the off season, right?  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

You realize there is no loss of time between having the surgery a couple months ago when it was discovered and if he has the surgery in the off season, right?  

LOL! 

It made SUCH a difference in the standings...............

No matter what you retort, I'm going to my Grave knowing it was a very stupid idea. 

1 minute ago, daygloman said:

LOL! 

It made SUCH a difference in the standings...............

No matter what you retort, I'm going to my Grave knowing it was a very stupid idea. 

And I will go to my grave knowing you don’t know what you are talking about in this case.  Peace out.

@daygloman, with all due respect I think you are being needlessly obtuse about this. There is no situation in which Ohtani getting surgery earlier on this season would have led to him pitching sooner than 2020. And considering that he had a pre-existing concern before he was an Angel, TJS seemed inevitable - no matter how the Angels staff treated him...and they already treated him like a baby seal (in a non-Eskimo way).

And as @Stradling pointed out, if the Angels had not tested his arm and hoped that rest and stem cells would do the trick in the offseason, there was a good chance he would have reinjured his arm in ST and lost the season entirely - including as a hitter.

1 minute ago, daygloman said:

He's fucked up NOW. 

But "I" don't know what I'm talking about..........................

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOk. LOL!

He's not f'd up. If he gets Tommy John in October, he'll miss the 2019 season as a pitcher, but he'll likely be able to hit. He'll return as a pitcher in 2020.

This is the exact same scenario that would have occurred had he had TJ surgery in June, when his Grade 2 strain was diagnosed.

1 minute ago, Angelsjunky said:

@daygloman, with all due respect I think you are being needlessly obtuse about this. There is no situation in which Ohtani getting surgery earlier on this season would have led to him pitching sooner than 2020. And considering that he had a pre-existing concern before he was an Angel, TJS seemed inevitable - no matter how the Angels staff treated him...and they already treated him like a baby seal (in a non-Eskimo way).

And as @Stradling pointed out, if the Angels had not tested his arm and hoped that rest and stem cells would do the trick in the offseason, there was a good chance he would have reinjured his arm in ST and lost the season entirely - including as a hitter.

Yep

4 minutes ago, Angelsjunky said:

I was against him pitching before he was repaired, since the season was already an OBVIOUS waste. 

I've stated this repeatedly. 

I don't care if anyone agrees with me on this or not!?

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

He's not f'd up. If he gets Tommy John in October, he'll miss the 2019 season as a pitcher, but he'll likely be able to hit. He'll return as a pitcher in 2020.

This is the exact same scenario that would have occurred had he had TJ surgery in June, when his Grade 2 strain was diagnosed.

They picked him up to be both.

Not one, or the other.

Granted, I'd take him on either side of the coin, but I wish they wouldn't have treated him like a commodity to put asses in the seats ahead of his health.

Jmo. 

Btw.... Good talking to you again after all these years...

3 minutes ago, daygloman said:

It was pointless and dangerous pitching him, when he wasn't 100% healthy.

Look what we got now.

We got exactly what we had before this new injury.  A pitcher that needs to have TJ surgery.  Also stop pretending this is on the Angels.  Doctors said he didn’t need surgery yet.  Shohei decided to do stem cell treatment.  It healed it as much as it was going to heal this ligament.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

We got exactly what we had before this new injury.  A pitcher that needs to have TJ surgery.  Also stop pretending this is on the Angels.  Doctors said he didn’t need surgery yet.  Shohei decided to do stem cell treatment.  It healed it as much as it was going to heal this ligament.  

I've given my opinion. You don't like it. 

I'm fine with that.

I'm NOT changing my opinion.