• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Pujols Out For Season with Knee Surgery

totdprods

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

not the age nonsense again. 

Ya I really don't care he lied about his age or not. The fact is the Angels are saddled with his contract for 3 more years. 25 million shouldn't screw the Angels if they are doing everything else right out of a lot of things. 

Just now, Lou said:

of course he's playing for the money.  it's his f'n job. 

I don't get why people forget this part. Sure people would do this or say they would play a sport for free. But guess what the owners are making millions of dollars so should the athletes. It is what it is. The Angels and Albert should part ways this off season. Will it happen highly doubtful. 

As an everyday player he has a slim shot at 700 HRs, RBI record, etc over the next 3 years.  His status as one of the great hitters seems important to him, I can't see him even considering retiring if those are dangling out there with all those $$$$.  

11 minutes ago, JarsOfClay said:

Wow I dont even know what to say. There's evidence from Pujols' own mouth that he lied about his age and you think the issue is nonsense?

Pujols lied and deceived a team paying him 250m about his age. As a fan you should be absolutely outraged.

There is actually no evidence of this.  The Pujols age claim is an alternative fact for some people.

1 hour ago, Lou said:

with all due respect to WAR, there is no f'n way Heyward has been worth the money the Cubs are paying him. 

He's having an average season this year, but he is only putting up a 1.9 WAR.  That is fine for someone paid around what Calhoun gets, not what Heyward is getting.

1 hour ago, JarsOfClay said:

Wow I dont even know what to say. There's evidence from Pujols' own mouth that he lied about his age and you think the issue is nonsense?

Pujols lied and deceived a team paying him 250m about his age. As a fan you should be absolutely outraged.

36 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

What is nonsense about it? The Marlins didn't pursue him because they suspected his listed age was bullshit. And then Pujols HIMSELF confirmed that when he specifically said he was 13 years old in 1990.

Being 41 instead of 38 is kind of a big deal.

I’ll go back to how I have explained it numerous times.  

Remember when you graduated high school and all you wanted to do was go back to high school and complete not just one year, but two years of high school?  No me neither.  So he came over here from the Domincan and you think he wanted to complete two more years of high school?  Then that worked out so well he wasn’t drafted.  So then did he go to a big time college?  No he was so good in high school that he went to a community college.  Then he was so good in community college he must have been a first round pick?  Nope, he was the 402nd pick.  Then he blossomed.  

He didn’t not sign with the Marlins because they backed out.  They offered him more money.  What they didn’t offer him was a no trade clause.  

I’ll take my evidence of what happened when he came to the US over some interview where it is very possible he misspoke during the interview.  

45 minutes ago, Vladdylonglegs said:

What is nonsense about it? The Marlins didn't pursue him because they suspected his listed age was bullshit. And then Pujols HIMSELF confirmed that when he specifically said he was 13 years old in 1990.

Being 41 instead of 38 is kind of a big deal.

This is so stupid.  I told a story for two decades that I met Mickey Mantle in South Carolina when I was 10.  Except when I actually figured the dates, I was actually 8.

I guess that proves I have been lying about my age for decades.

2 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

This is so stupid.  I told a story for two decades that I met Mickey Mantle in South Carolina when I was 10.  Except when I actually figured the dates, I was actually 8.

This is only important if the Marlins refused to sign you.  

5 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

This is so stupid. 

11 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

No kidding. When youre young you forget specifics. Like chad curtis swore that girl was 17, not 12.