• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/28 Rockies @ Angels: No-tani

Angels:

1. Kole Calhoun (L) RF
2. David Fletcher (R) 2B
3. Mike Trout (R) CF
4. Albert Pujols (R) DH
5. Andrelton Simmons (R) SS
6. Rene Rivera (R) C
7. Jefry Marte (R) 1B
8. Taylor Ward (R) 3B
9. Eric Young Jr. (S) LF

Noe Ramirez on the mound (this should be a fun one...)

Rockies:

1. Charlie Blackmon (L) CF
2. DJ LeMahieu (R) 2B
3. Carlos Gonzalez (L) RF
4. Nolan Arenado (R) 3B
5. Trevor Story (R) SS
6. Gerardo Parra (L) LF
7. Ian Desmond (R) DH
8. Ryan McMahon (L) 1B
9. Chris Iannetta (R) C

Kyle Freeland on the mound.

9 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Scioscia’s an unmitigated idiot for not letting Ohtani work through his problems against lefties

I cannot wait until his ass is out the door

another perfect example of why it’s time to move in a different direction from him

Why is this seemingly so important to you? Is it imperative the Angels beat the Rockies tonight to stay in wild card contention or is it simply another throw away bullpen game and, really, who gives a rats ass what the lineup is?

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Why is this seemingly so important to you? Is it imperative the Angels beat the Rockies tonight to stay in wild card contention or is it simply another throw away bullpen game and, really, who gives a rats ass what the lineup is?

Blarg, that’s exactly my point. The game is meaningless. Why not play a young guy with a ton of talent who can learn and get better against lefties and possibly help against them next year instead of Marte who will be playing in Venezuela?

6 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

It’s so nonsensical that it can’t be repeated enough on here. I can’t wait for Stradling to come argue the contrary because it really does need to be hammered home

As someone who has read this posted a ton, I can tell you that this is false.  

38 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Blarg, that’s exactly my point. The game is meaningless. Why not play a young guy with a ton of talent who can learn and get better against lefties and possibly help against them next year instead of Marte who will be playing in Venezuela?

Then why not send him to Salt Lake, and let him hit against all the lefties possible.  This is the major leagues, and most managers have the integrity that if they are playing against an opponent who is in a race, and the game could influence playoff positioning or even making the playoffs you should be fielding the best possible lineup.  I think your hated of Scioscia is clouding your brain.

3 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Then why not send him to Salt Lake, and let him hit against all the lefties possible.  This is the major leagues, and most managers have the integrity that if they are playing against an opponent who is in a race, and the game could influence playoff positioning or even making the playoffs you should be fielding the best possible lineup.  I think your hated of Scioscia is clouding your brain.

That assumes that Marte is better than Ohtani against lefties which doesn't have a big enough sample size to truly decide on

I would be interesting is knowing how many players played the entire season with the Angels this year without going on the disabled list, being DFA'd, sent to the minors, or spending time in the minors for any reason.  Maybe Ramirez and Parker, isn't that about it?  That's pretty crazy isn't it?

3 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I would be interesting is knowing how many players played the entire season with the Angels this year without going on the disabled list, being DFA'd, sent to the minors, or spending time in the minors for any reason.  Maybe Ramirez and Parker, isn't that about it?  That's pretty crazy isn't it?

Alvarez, Albert

1 minute ago, NachoPop said:

That assumes that Marte is better than Ohtani against lefties which doesn't have a big enough sample size to truly decide on

There would be a lot of possible reasons for someone not to play that are legitimate.  For example, Ohtani has been throwing sim games, so Marte might be more fresh to start tonight.  I think we have to respect the fact that Ohtani will miss a lot of games offensively due to him pursuing pitching, especially starting pitching, and becoming a two way threat.  It's not as easy as Ohtani being in the lineup as a DH every night he doesn't pitch.

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Alvarez, Albert

I think Albert went on the DL just before the All Star break for 10 days.  Alverez might have made it all year though, although I vaguely remember he pitched at Salt Lake earlier in the year for a bit on a rehab.  I will see if I can find out.

Edit:  I didn't see any Salt Lake stats for Alverez on their website, so you might be right in that he has made it for the entire year so far.

14 minutes ago, tomsred said:

I think Albert went on the DL just before the All Star break for 10 days.  Alverez might have made it all year though, although I vaguely remember he pitched at Salt Lake earlier in the year for a bit on a rehab.  I will see if I can find out.

Edit:  I didn't see any Salt Lake stats for Alverez on their website, so you might be right in that he has made it for the entire year so far.

Yep you’re right about Albert

14 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Scioscia reads AW and he is doing it to piss you off.