• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Fantasy Football

I'm in 2 fantasy football leagues I've been playing in for years now but my interest has dwindled because of life and some of the rules the NFL implements which they can't even seem to explain.  That said it's draft time and when I look at the rankings I don't really see a lot of guys I like but again I think that goes back to my lack of interest.  Any players any of you are targeting because you expect them to break out or think they'll be good value picks?  I look at QB's and after the first tier think there's enough value to where I don't want to pick a top 5 guy when guys like Cousins, Rivers, Luck, Mahomes, Ryan, Mariota and Goff are available.  I can come up with negatives about all of these guys or their situations but a few of them will end up as top 10 fantasy QB's.  Like the last few years there seems to be a lot of WR's I can target a bit later so I'm leaning towards RB's early.  

Royce is a guy I"m targeting but his current ranking/ADP has him in round 4 to 5 and I'd like to have him or someone else in that range as my flex and not RB2.  One of the leagues I'm in a few of the guys always go heavy on RB and guys like Royce may get scooped up a bit earlier.  You hear more about the Broncos than me (believe you live in CO) so what's the word with the O line?  

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Royce is a guy I"m targeting but his current ranking/ADP has him in round 4 to 5 and I'd like to have him or someone else in that range as my flex and not RB2.  One of the leagues I'm in a few of the guys always go heavy on RB and guys like Royce may get scooped up a bit earlier.  You hear more about the Broncos than me (believe you live in CO) so what's the word with the O line?  

I actually live overseas but I've been following this summer. OL looks much better, should be Bolles, Leary, Paradis, McGovern, and Veldheer. With Janovich at FB and a big guy like Freeman running it'll up the play action game and force a safety to run support. Looking forward to playing with a lead once in awhile this year

15 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The main thing that has dampened my interest in fantasy is Thursday night games. It leaves me only Tuesday and Wednesday to decide who to start - not great if I'm waiting out that one starter who may not play on Sunday, and my alternate plays on Thursday.

Leagues that are set up like that are no fun.All the leagues I'm in have lineups set 5 min before each game,so you can actually set your lineup after inactives have been announced.Most sites give you that option.

• 3 weeks later...

Another reason to hate Thursday night games: Waiver claim day is Wednesday, which leaves me only one day to acquire a player and decide on a starting lineup.

I am in three leagues. One is a pure autodraft league. In the other two, I wound up with an autodrafted team in a live draft league, because most of the owners are in the Eastern Time Zone, and the draft was set for a time during my work day. In one of the latter leagues, my two quarterbacks are Jimmy Garoppolo (out for the year with a torn ACL) and Jameis Winston (fresh off suspension and may not play Sunday). Due to the size of the league, the waiver wire is clogged with backups and injured QBs. I have put in a waiver claim for Baker Mayfield, and if it doesn't go through, I have no QB for this week. Second league of the latter two, my QBs are Cam Newton (on bye this week) and Winston. Same dilemma, about the same choices - except that Newton isn't done for the season. I haven't put in a waiver claim in this league, because even Baker Mayfield isn't available. Tyrod Taylor is, but probably won't see a snap.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:33 PM, Roy Hobbs said:

Leagues that are set up like that are no fun.All the leagues I'm in have lineups set 5 min before each game,so you can actually set your lineup after inactives have been announced.Most sites give you that option.

That doesn't help if your replacement played on Thursday night and you sat him out.