• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Winning feels a long ways away right now.

Docwaukee

2 hours ago, Dochalo said:

but they'll never go out and get someone better because he's there.  And they'll never completely take away at bats from AP and hand them over to an unproven player.  

This is why I said way back in the beginning of this that they need someone who can play multiple positions. You’re not just bringing in a guy who only plays first and benching Pujols. You’re bringing in a guy who could play with Pujols or instead of Pujols. Then you see what happens. 

Wil Myers comes to mind. Marwin Gonzalez maybe. 

Anyway, I think you need someone versatile so it’s an option, not a replacement.

3 hours ago, Dochalo said:

but they'll never go out and get someone better because he's there.  And they'll never completely take away at bats from AP and hand them over to an unproven player.  

I wonder if it would make a difference if the better player was someone from the minors like Thiass?  This is assuming that the player performs well.....and no, I am not arguing that Thaiss should be promoted to take away at bats from Albert.  Thaiss should only be promoted when he is ready......I hope soon. 

37 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

This is why I said way back in the beginning of this that they need someone who can play multiple positions. You’re not just bringing in a guy who only plays first and benching Pujols. You’re bringing in a guy who could play with Pujols or instead of Pujols. Then you see what happens. 

Anyway, I think you need someone versatile so it’s an option, not a replacement.

But this team needs a replacement if they want to compete for a division title. If they don’t then never mind we can stick w 17.5 games back of first and just have sweet bobble heads. But I doubt Trout wants to stick around for that. They need to be serious about winning other wise what’s the point. Pujols isn’t a playoff caliber starting player anymore. He’s just not. 

39 minutes ago, eligrba said:

I wonder if it would make a difference if the better player was someone from the minors like Thiass?  This is assuming that the player performs well.....and no, I am not arguing that Thaiss should be promoted to take away at bats from Albert.  Thaiss should only be promoted when he is ready......I hope soon. 

It wouldn’t Cron is better and he got the boot because of Pujols

5 minutes ago, Kevinb said:

But this team needs a replacement if they want to compete for a division title. If they don’t then never mind we can stick w 17.5 games back of first and just have sweet bobble heads. But I doubt Trout wants to stick around for that. They need to be serious about winning other wise what’s the point. Pujols isn’t a playoff caliber starting player anymore. He’s just not. 

It’s not either or

3 minutes ago, Stradling said:

It’s not either or

It’s not either or for what? Pujols? Yes it is. This team has so few ways to upgrade its offense that being able to put someone who’s an actual Moto bat at first is imperative to this team making up 17.5 games next year. We literally are able to upgrade 1st Catcher and 3rd. That’s it so where can we get the biggest difference is 1st and Catcher. Pujols needs to be a back up at best for this team. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

Who’s having a better year numbers wise he or Cron? 

Like that really matters.   The difference in numbers doesn’t justify releasing Albert.   No one in any front office is releasing Albert, eating that contract for CJ Cron. 

33 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

then it would have to be via trade because there isn't a free agent worth having that would come here and have to share time.   Yet you've only got so much trade currency and my guess is it would go to pitching at this point.  

we can speculate all day but they aren't going to do it next year or maybe even the year after unless it's organic (Thaiss, JMF, Walsh forcing their way in).  

they just aren't going to dedicate resources even though it's an obvious area of potential upgrade.  

Actually, I could see them parking Cozart at 1b vs. lefties.  

2 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Like that really matters.   The difference in numbers doesn’t justify releasing Albert.   No one in any front office is releasing Albert, eating that contract for CJ Cron. 

I think you’re missing the point. Someone stated do u think the Angels would sit Pujols if it was a younger guy coming up through the system and I said no because look at Cron. It doesn’t matter who they bring in. Pujols is playing it’s what it is. 

But yea if I owned the team I don’t care how much you’re paid I play the player who gives the team the better shot at winning. End of story. Pujols v Cron= Cron is the better player and I’d play him. Angels determined they’d rather have Pujols and would rather not have a better chance at winning. It’s Arte’s team he can do with it what he likes. 

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Cron, but not by as much as you think. 

Cron is an average MLB player. Why are we even talking about him? He'd be an "upgrade" over Pujols but would lead to maybe 1 more win. Wow.

Yea I was going to say woohoo 16.5 games back.

3 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Cron, but not by as much as you think. 

Cron is an average MLB player. Why are we even talking about him? He'd be an "upgrade" over Pujols but would lead to maybe 1 more win. Wow.

So you prefer the Angels not win one more game. Gotcha. 

Just now, Stradling said:

Once again no one releases Albert for Cron.  

Not no one. And that’s not even the point. It’s that Albert will be starting till the contract ends. Doesn’t matter if someone comes up in the minors. It again is what it is. To each their own. 

Just now, Kevinb said:

Not no one. And that’s not even the point. It’s that Albert will be starting till the contract ends. Doesn’t matter if someone comes up in the minors. It again is what it is. To each their own. 

He won’t be a starter until his contract ends.  I disagree.  Unless his contract ends early.  

1 minute ago, Kevinb said:

We shall see. Neither of us have a crystal ball. But so far it’s been proven out he will start over better players. 

For one year he started over someone “better”. Although Cron and Valbuena were shit last year too.