• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trout's Tribute to Aaron Cox

8 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

"I promise to take care of your sister"

Thats sad. Guess it never hit me how close he was to him. In laws obviously, but didnt know they were good friends beyond the marriage.

I believe Trout and his girlfriend are HS sweethearts. So he got to know Aaron as he grew up.

I don't even care if he takes the rest of the year off. We all bitch and moan about guys striking out or Sosh running the contact play, but then something like this happens and reminds us it's just a stupid game. 

On the list of things that are important, baseball is quite a few checks below family. 

I just hope Mike and his family have all the support they need. 

It’s cool that this very much appears to be written by Trout himself.  It’s very genuine, and that’s nice.  He could have easily let a publicist put something out. 

Things like this are good reminders to not be shy about letting people you love know what you think.  Life can be tough and empathy is important.  Anyway, there’s not much rush for Trout to come back.  If he wants to, then great.  If he wants to be with his family, that’s fine also.  I hope he takes all the time he needs. 

This had to be one of the toughest things he had to do. Just reading it was difficult. It felt straight from the heart and was really just reminded me how little sports actually matter in the scheme of it. Take all the time you need Mike. The team will be there whenever you return even if it’s not this year. I again am so sorry for him and his families loss. Too young. Too damn young.