• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

2019 Schedule

Stradling

Just took a quick glance at next years schedule to plan a trip or two to see them play elsewhere.  I am pretty sure I will be heading to Wrigley in April to see them play, I have never been.  

As I looked deeper at the schedule September seems brutal, especially if the A’s are any good.  August ends with 4 games against the Red Sox, then in September we play the A’s, Yankees, Astros and Cleveland.  The other two opponents that month are the Rays and the White Sox.  Our final 12 games are the Yankees, Astros, A’s and then Astros again.  Obviously it is way too early to talk about it but it just stood out to me as unusually difficult, and also very strange we don’t play Seattle in September.  I guess if the A’s fall back to earth next year then it looks a bit easier.  

1 hour ago, JuanjoRios said:

As a Mexican halo fan I'm beyond thrilled and excited to have them play here. I’ve never been to Monterrey but I’ll be there for sure rooting for them! Let the next season be full of good things for the Angels

There's a good chance I will be flying to Monterrey from Hermosillo to see the Angels play the Astros in May. I should still be at my Mexican casa in early May. I have never been to Monterrey, either.

I wonder when tix go on sale?

2 hours ago, Stradling said:

Just took a quick glance at next years schedule to plan a trip or two to see them play elsewhere.  I am pretty sure I will be heading to Wrigley in April to see them play, I have never been.  

As I looked deeper at the schedule September seems brutal, especially if the A’s are any good.  August ends with 4 games against the Red Sox, then in September we play the A’s, Yankees, Astros and Cleveland.  The other two opponents that month are the Rays and the White Sox.  Our final 12 games are the Yankees, Astros, A’s and then Astros again.  Obviously it is way too early to talk about it but it just stood out to me as unusually difficult, and also very strange we don’t play Seattle in September.  I guess if the A’s fall back to earth next year then it looks a bit easier.  

I'm looking to 2020 as the year to finally get back to post-season play.   There will still be too many questions with the rotation, although hopefully more durable in 2019. 

21 minutes ago, WeatherWonk said:

There's a good chance I will be flying to Monterrey from Hermosillo to see the Angels play the Astros in May. I should still be at my Mexican casa in early May. I have never been to Monterrey, either.

I wonder when tix go on sale?

Official Sultanes de Monterrey page and twitter says tickets go out in September 10th. I’ll be looking for tickets and promotions/packages; hopefully one includes going into the field and meeting the players (hopefully)!!!

2 hours ago, JuanjoRios said:

As a Mexican halo fan I'm beyond thrilled and excited to have them play here. I’ve never been to Monterrey but I’ll be there for sure rooting for them! Let the next season be full of good things for the Angels

So it is official that they are playing the series in Monterrey?     Good news, because games were much more meant to be played at 1800 feet altitude than at 7300 feet altitude. 

I’ve been doing a little bit of research about Monterrey and the zone of Parque Fundidora looks good. It’s somewhat a touristic place, a 15 minute drive to the stadium and there are many hotels there. It should be something different but good.

As far as the calendar, we play against every one of the AL East teams a 4-game series and against the AL Central only 3-game series, I don’t like this very much, this season we have played better against the AL Central compared to the AL East.

On 8/22/2018 at 3:15 PM, JuanjoRios said:

Official Sultanes de Monterrey page and twitter says tickets go out in September 10th. I’ll be looking for tickets and promotions/packages; hopefully one includes going into the field and meeting the players (hopefully)!!!

Are you sure that isnt for tickets for the Sultanes games? That would be about the time period for tix to go on sale for that league.