• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

If you could pass one law..............

No increase in any programs, agencies or expenditures until the deficit is reduced to zero. Basicly a freeze on Congress passing any new legislation that adds to the deficit until they clean up the mess they have created. 

This supercedes any "emergency" that is drummed up to overextend the budget, there are no emergencies the US governement cannot handle giving the mass of resources they have already at their disposal. So if the State of Mississipi is 6 feet under water, the State of Mississippi gets to sell water to California to pay for their damages. The Federal government can make their money on the higway taxes shipping muddy water West.

I would abolish the minimum wage.

It's an interesting idea.  But what would prevent capitalism from reverting back to the capitalism of 19th century England?  Do you think (and I'm not arguing inasmuch as I'm simply curious what all your opinions are) that the standard of living for the average, middle-class American would improve if we were to abolish the minimum wage?  If so, how?  

No increase in any programs, agencies or expenditures until the deficit is reduced to zero. Basicly a freeze on Congress passing any new legislation that adds to the deficit until they clean up the mess they have created. 

This supercedes any "emergency" that is drummed up to overextend the budget, there are no emergencies the US governement cannot handle giving the mass of resources they have already at their disposal. So if the State of Mississipi is 6 feet under water, the State of Mississippi gets to sell water to California to pay for their damages. The Federal government can make their money on the higway taxes shipping muddy water West.

Why not just end the war on drugs and slash the military budget?  That is essentially "the mess they have created"?  If you want to freeze spending, freeze it across the board.  I'm all for cutting social programs.  But let's not forget about that ridiculous $37 billion navy ship that didn't work.  The military industrial complex is going to ruin us before anything else does.   

With all due respect, that's not true, Lawrence.  In 2012, 19% of federal taxes went to military defense.  22% went to social security.  Not exactly a "drop in the bucket" if we are making the comparison.  Like I said, I'm fine with cutting it all.  But why would anybody want to slash social security before defense spending?  At least we recoup the efforts of social security.  We don't gain anything through our quest for world domination.  Our economy is going to over-reach and peter out just like Rome and England did.  Let's worry about America.  Leave the rest of the world alone.      

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=1258

With all due respect, that's not true, Lawrence.  In 2012, 19% of federal taxes went to military defense.  22% went to social security.  Not exactly a "drop in the bucket" if we are making the comparison.  Like I said, I'm fine with cutting it all.  But why would anybody want to slash social security before defense spending?  At least we recoup the efforts of social security.  We don't gain anything through our quest for world domination.  Our economy is going to peter out just like Rome and England did.  Let's worry about America.  Leave the rest of the world alone.      

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=1258

Maybe not a drop in the bucket but social security (22%) and Medicare/Medicaid (21%) more than double the amount of military spending.

Can we stuff the law full of amendments so it's actually 1,000 laws in one bill? If not then I'd say anyone caught giving outside money to influence elections is thrown to the gladiator pits. Set aside a pot of money for all state and federal elections and figure out how to split it up. 

Can we stuff the law full of amendments so it's actually 1,000 laws in one bill? If not then I'd say anyone caught giving outside money to influence elections is thrown to the gladiator pits. Set aside a pot of money for all state and federal elections and figure out how to split it up. 

Then we could charge admission!!!   Profit!

It's an interesting idea.  But what would prevent capitalism from reverting back to the capitalism of 19th century England?  Do you think (and I'm not arguing inasmuch as I'm simply curious what all your opinions are) that the standard of living for the average, middle-class American would improve if we were to abolish the minimum wage?  If so, how?  

The individual should have the right to accept his/her own terms of employment. Two parties should have the freedom to come to an agreement on terms of trade. The labor force only concedes power to the employer when it agrees to terms below their worth. Would that happen? Maybe. There are a lot of stupid people out there.

I like the idea of single terms, I would just lengthen them.

6 years for President, 6 years for senator and 4 years for rep.

And along with this, campaign finance reform so that lobbyists and corporations aren't able to buy influence. There's so much corruption that these guys aren't doing much of substance.