• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Madness!

9 hours ago, Memories of 02 said:

Why in the hell, would this manager, in a game which is absolutely meaningless, put Cowart in as a DR for Ward in the Eighth?

Ward was due to come up in the ninth. He had gone 0 for 2 with an RBI and a  BB. 

Cowart as a DR in the ninth, we get. Why destroy the confidence of a rookie who is now at the top of every GM's list in the mlb, and whose numbers in both Double A and Triple A in the half year before being called up, actually dwarf even the great Trout's numbers in 2011, before his callup.

Is it incompetence, or has he just completely lost it?

high bong GIF

9 hours ago, 101halo said:

Link, please. 

I mean, I'm totally rooting for the guy. It's a great story. But that's a pretty strong statement, at least from the way I think you meant it to be interpreted. If you meant the "top of every GM's list" to be defined as "most likely to be the next Derek Zoolander" and not as a baseball phenom, my apologies. 

Yea, he's just ahead of Vlad Jr. and Acuna, don't you know...?

The sooner people realize this isn’t a contending baseball team, the better it will be for your mental health.

i watch about 2 games per week at this point and the other time I spend rooting against the dodgers

Scioscia will be gone in a month and a half...we’re in an awkward transitional phase right now

I’m not saying stop watching, but if you’re still blowing a gasket after every poor decision or loss you will be in the ER by the time Sosh is finally shown the door

7 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

The sooner people realize this isn’t a contending baseball team, the better it will be for your mental health.

i watch about 2 games per week at this point and the other time I spend rooting against the dodgers

Scioscia will be gone in a month and a half...we’re in an awkward transitional phase right now

I’m not saying stop watching, but if you’re still blowing a gasket after every poor decision or loss you will be in the ER by the time Sosh is finally shown the door

Is it ok to blow a gasket in regards to Scoiscia destroying Taylor Wards confidence via late inning defensive substitution and thus ruin his entire career ? 

13 hours ago, Memories of 02 said:

Why in the hell, would this manager, in a game which is absolutely meaningless, put Cowart in as a DR for Ward in the Eighth?

Ward was due to come up in the ninth. He had gone 0 for 2 with an RBI and a  BB. 

Cowart as a DR in the ninth, we get. Why destroy the confidence of a rookie who is now at the top of every GM's list in the mlb, and whose numbers in both Double A and Triple A in the half year before being called up, actually dwarf even the great Trout's numbers in 2011, before his callup.

First off...your over reaction to the move is strictly awesome.

Secondly, the manager is still trying to win games....The Angels had a two run lead, heading into the bottom of the 8th.  You have a rookie 3Bman, who has only had 89 games in his career as a 3bman.  Logic would tell you that Scioscia was not expecting an implosion by the pen, and he was putting the best defensive players on the field to win the freaking game.

Destroying the confidence of Ward, by removing him for someone who has better defensively is not a problem.

On 8/16/2018 at 10:37 PM, Memories of 02 said:

@jsnpritchett