• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trabuco Canyon Fire

20 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yeah. I dont even know if fire is really trying to put it out really.

It hasnt burned in almost half a century...it was probably overdue. They dont hqve enough guys, so i think theyre only going to try and fight it if it gets close to homes and infrastructure.

Back in the day, the winter would bring mudslides after the rains. I dont think we have that problem anymore.

The strategy is now to encircle with dozer lines, backfire, and try to hold. Structure defense with retardant drops and crew protection of structures with defensible/ cleared space around it. If you don't maintain 100ft of defensible space around your home, they won't bother even trying to save it...and move on to one that has it.

Mudslides will come after the terrain is burned to a moonscape..

I've become a reluctant expert..and know way more than I ever wanted to from days on end of listening to the scanner and attending/streaming daily operations briefings (Calfire NFS NPS etc) Used to spend 6 months clearing our property and the next 6 listening for aircraft and helos...waiting to get evacuation notices.

It got to be too much.

23 hours ago, mancini79 said:

Now you are at constant war of riding your bike in your skinny jeans looking for a jack fruit taco stand. You sir are a hero.

STOP IT!!!!

you had me at jackfruit taco stand . . . 

58 minutes ago, Taylor said:

The fire doubled in size overnight. Crazy.

Is it growing as it moves towards the IE more?  I know yesterday the news said it was at 9,600 acres and was only 5% contained around 1-2pm.  I work in Irvine  and yesterday looking out our office window facing east about mid-day there was a giant plume of smoke that looked like a mushroom cloud.  By the time I got off work and was heading home to HB looking in my rear view mirror it looked like Armageddon while the skies to the west were clear.  My boss' zip code had an air quality alert and eventually last night the skies in HB were filled with smoke but not nearly as bad as it was in Irvine.  Right now when I look out that same window at work the skies look pretty clear.     

I thought they said this morning it had grown to over 18,000 acres.

It was one of the top stories on the network morning shows. Some incredible video of planes flying right above houses and dumping the red fire retardant on the fire. I couldn't believe how close those planes were. The fire was raging on the hillside right behind scores of homes, forgot what specific neighborhood it was.

8 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Is it growing as it moves towards the IE more?  I know yesterday the news said it was at 9,600 acres and was only 5% contained around 1-2pm.  I work in Irvine  and yesterday looking out our office window facing east about mid-day there was a giant plume of smoke that looked like a mushroom cloud.  By the time I got off work and was heading home to HB looking in my rear view mirror it looked like Armageddon while the skies to the west were clear.  My boss' zip code had an air quality alert and eventually last night the skies in HB were filled with smoke but not nearly as bad as it was in Irvine.  Right now when I look out that same window at work the skies look pretty clear.     

Its moved south, headed more towards temecula I think, and north, in the mountains south of Corona.

2 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Makes sense given how much different the sky looks east from our office today.  My boss lives east of Irvine and between the air quality alert and falling ash they were thinking about staying in a hotel.  I'll ask her when she gets in how it looks out by her.  Good luck to anyone in the affected areas.

Our cars were covered in ash this morning.  On the westside of Lol Angeles.  

Supposedly, with all the fires in Caifornia, smoke from it is travelling to New York.  

https://fox2now.com/2018/08/10/smoke-from-the-california-wildfires-is-spreading-3000-miles-to-new-york-city/

Case Summary
Case Number: 18CF2250
OC Pay Number: 9576280
Originating Court: Central
Defendant: Clark, Forrest Gordon
Demographics:
  Eyes: Brown
  Hair: Brown
  Height(ft/in) : 5'9"
  Weight (lbs): 180
Names:
  Last Name First Name Middle Name Type
  Clark Forrest Gorden Court True Name  
  Clark Forrest Gordon Court True Name  
  Clark Forrest Gordon Alias  
  Clark Forrest Gordon Alias  
  Clark Forrest Gorden Alias  
  Clark Forrest Gordon Real Name  
Case Status:
  Case Stage:  
  Release Status: Remanded
  Warrant: N
  DMV Hold : N
  Charging Document: Complaint
  Mandatory Appearance: Y
  Owner's Resp: N
  Amendment #: 0
Counts:  
  Seq S/A Violation Date Section Statute OL Violation Plea Plea Date Disposition Disposition Date
  6 0 08/07/2018 69 PC F Resisting executive officer        
  1 0 08/06/2018 451.5(a)(3) PC F Aggravated arson of five or more inhabited structures        
  3 0 08/06/2018 451(c) PC F Arson of a structure or forest        
  4 0 08/06/2018 422(a) PC F Criminal threats        
  5 0 08/06/2018 69 PC F Resisting executive officer        
  2 0 08/06/2018 451(b) PC F Arson - inhabited structure/dwelling.        
  3 1 08/06/2018 451.1(a)(4) PC F ENH-Arson; Multiple structures        
  2 1 08/06/2018 451.1(a)(4) PC F ENH-Arson; Multiple structures        
Participants:  
  Role Badge Agency Name Vacation Start Vacation End
  Public Defender   OCPD Deputy Public Defender,    
  Public Defender   OCPD Watts, Jessica Ann    
  District Attorney   OCDA Mostoufi, Bijon    
Scheduled Hearing:  
  Date Hearing Type - Reason Courtroom
  08/10/2018 Arraignment In Custody CJ1

21 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Theres a new law out there (just started two months ago) where people like this guy wont be found guilty criminally if they have mental health issues.

Im not super familiar with it because its so new. But i imagine that will be the defense.

Lol California.

4 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Better news from late yesterday, 51% containment 

Various evacuations were lifted, although a couple of flare ups occurred yesterday near Glen Eden and Glen Ivy.   

Yeoman work by the firefighters to save a lot of structures from catching fire

That glen ivy section is being stubborn. Was out there thursdsy and it was the apocalypse. Was back on saturday and was still going. Surprised it hasnt already all burned yet.