• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trabuco Canyon Fire

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Does the fire retardant even work? It looks like they dump an s-load of it on the fire, and nothing happens. 

Yeah, it does, but it takes tons....they need to lay it with several drops in a line basically...

Right now theyre stretched thin though, so probably not getting as much as they need.

On 8/7/2018 at 8:34 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

Dont quote me but I think already in custody.

Cant give much info because its an in going investigation, but my understanding is they knew who set it within a half hour or so after it started.

Heard the guy being interviewed this morning and remembered your info from the other day. Too late, but he will certainly get some help with his mental problems now.  I know people in Rancho Capistrano who are evacuating/evacuated.. and used to spend a lot of time in what we used to call the "Ortegas"  Sounds like that area could all burn..Trabuco south to Camp Pendelton.

59 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

Now you are at constant war of riding your bike in your skinny jeans looking for a jack fruit taco stand. You sir are a hero.

But at least I can breathe the air while I'm pedaling and searching. Ever been in a Red Cross shelter wondering if you had a home to go back to? Well I have, twice last year and 4 times in 8 years (Telegraph and Detweiler firers) ...and I would have been again THIS year (Ferguson fire) had I not gotten out.

And Cals is right...think Truckee with a beach, some world class golf, and a small harbor.

I knew Braden Varney , and much of his family. Longtime Mariposa residents. The ridge he was working is visible from my former residence.

'Closest thing to war without getting shot at': Meet America's wildfire-fighting bulldozer drivers..

https://theworldlink.com/news/national/closest-thing-to-war-without-getting-shot-at-meet-america/article_b067a59c-f8a5-5819-bcc5-76518ba24d32.html

2 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Caption should read: “Pilot tries to stop wildfire in its tracks as firefighter washes rig.”

DkHvsGGUcAECE8u.jpg

Man, i tried to post a video of that last night. But the video i have is some weird iphone file that wouldnt load here. But my buddy has a video of that from a slightly different angle (i think...it looks exactly what he sent me).

That picture came out pretty amazing.

2 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Heard the guy being interviewed this morning and remembered your info from the other day. Too late, but he will certainly get some help with his mental problems now.  I know people in Rancho Capistrano who are evacuating/evacuated.. and used to spend a lot of time in what we used to call the "Ortegas"  Sounds like that area could all burn..Trabuco south to Camp Pendelton.

Yeah. I dont even know if fire is really trying to put it out really.

It hasnt burned in almost half a century...it was probably overdue. They dont hqve enough guys, so i think theyre only going to try and fight it if it gets close to homes and infrastructure.

Back in the day, the winter would bring mudslides after the rains. I dont think we have that problem anymore.