• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trabuco Canyon Fire

21 minutes ago, Tank said:

last night the news said they expect to have it fully contained by friday.

Looks like its kind of sticking to the canyons. As long as it stays south of corona, should be good.

Only downside is a ton of it (in the surrounding areas) hasnt burned, including the last few fires.

"Fire season" is long gone, but the santa ana winds seasons arent going anywhere....

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

By the way. Been awhile since i had a mancrush. Those tanker pilots are legit as hell. Some of those drops they were making right up against the mountains were insane.

Flying a heavy passenger jetliner like a fighter plane is pretty freaking rad.

Hero and Deserve homo?

6 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Just remember that contained isn't out...it's just that there are (dozer/hand/backburned) lines..  that they hope it won't cross. 

Yep. 

Should be good, not sure if there are any big winds coming anytime soon.

Theres still a ton to burn. In that area, the areas around it. (Whole state). As long as its not burning buildings i think they prefer to let it burn. Better now, with the resources there, than later when they have to start from scratch. 

54 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yep. 

Should be good, not sure if there are any big winds coming anytime soon.

Theres still a ton to burn. In that area, the areas around it. (Whole state). As long as its not burning buildings i think they prefer to let it burn. Better now, with the resources there, than later when they have to start from scratch. 

Exactly why I bailed to Oregon. The fires are bigger and nastier this year than last, and I knew they were going to be. There are millions and millions of dead trees in the sierra, and they say they will continue to die out for years to come.

12 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Exactly why I bailed to Oregon. The fires are bigger and nastier this year than last, and I knew they were going to be. There are millions and millions of dead trees in the sierra, and they say they will continue to die out for years to come.

Isnt Oregon having the same problems? 

I was kind of suprised a few years ago. I always assumed it was just us (California). But i was in Vancouver a few years back, they were having a huge fire. Oregon the last time I was in seattle, etc etc. Isnt pretty much the whole west coast?

3 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Isnt Oregon having the same problems? 

I was kind of suprised a few years ago. I always assumed it was just us (California). But i was in Vancouver a few years back, they were having a huge fire. Oregon the last time I was in seattle, etc etc. Isnt pretty much the whole west coast?

Not on the coast! I looked all around up here. Wouldn't live on the 5 corridor. It's 100 degrees and on fire up there just like CA. There have always been fires in the forests everywhere...they have had bad ones in Alaska, Montana, you name it.

The difference in Ca is the bark beetle infestation, which was caused by the drought, which was caused by climate change...has left MILLIONS of dead trees, that can't simply be logged out. It's a tinderbox that no amount of rain will cure. If you want to live in the country, as I do, California is basically untenable.

Here on the coastal strip is about "it". It's hard to get the freakin BBQ coals going here! (I'm serious) You deal with mold and mildew, even in the summer.. but thats a trade I'll make.  

31 minutes ago, Homebrewer said:

Not on the coast! I looked all around up here. Wouldn't live on the 5 corridor. It's 100 degrees and on fire up there just like CA. There have always been fires in the forests everywhere...they have had bad ones in Alaska, Montana, you name it.

The difference in Ca is the bark beetle infestation, which was caused by the drought, which was caused by climate change...has left MILLIONS of dead trees, that can't simply be logged out. It's a tinderbox that no amount of rain will cure. If you want to live in the country, as I do, California is basically untenable.

Here on the coastal strip is about "it". It's hard to get the freakin BBQ coals going here! (I'm serious) You deal with mold and mildew, even in the summer.. but thats a trade I'll make.  

Is there still any doubt about climate change?    The worst drought in SoCal history back to 1877   

What is Eugene like.   I know it's along the 5 corridor, but isn't it not that close to a lot of forest area?

It does get hot there, but only for a month or two, and not like the 4 months of hot weather in SoCal.   They also have a solid change of seasons, including solid rainfall and not too much snow.

Just now, Angel Oracle said:

What is Eugene like.   I know it's along the 5 corridor, but isn't it not that close to a lot of forest area?

Yeah...it's close to the forest, as is all of Oregon/Washington (except for the far eastern parts that are more like High Desert (cattle) or endless grain fields. Eugene is a college town, and it's pretty big...too big for my taste..closer to a city than a small town. It gets pretty warm along the 5. They've been dealing with near 100 deg heat in there, and I just can't do that anymore. All those towns (Eugene, Roseburg, Medford, Grants Pass are a couple hours from the coast. 

11 hours ago, Homebrewer said:

Yeah, Ive heard about the bark beatle thing. I think thats more than just a California problem, though. I heard people mention it in colorado, too.

Socal I expect the wildfires. Norcal is kind of suprising though, just because I always think of it as cooler weather and more rain. But again, I was pretty shocked last time or so I was in Seattle, and it wasnt near as green.

The west coast drought is pretty insane.

12 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

78% containment as of yesterday evening, still looking at Friday evening for total containment

When the fire is totally out is anyone's guess at this point, given the rough terrain. 

Its better to let it burn. Its bad for the air quality, for the animals and random weirdos living in there, but its a natural cycle. 

Like I said earlier, theres still a ton more that hasnt burned. Not just for this fire, but last years, and everywhere else up and down the state. If its not threatening structures, let it go and clear out as much as it can before the winds come back...