• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/6 Tigers @ Angels: Still no Trout, Cowart at 3rd

11 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

We threw away a 8-7 game late in the season against the A's with a bunch of errors including Giavotella being worthless at 2B.

Street gave up a 3 run HR when we were winning 3-0 in the 9th against the Astros, ball got stuck in Featherston's glove.

In 2014 G1 and G2 were really close. 2015 don't choke the Stros game and we're in the WC, then maybe Royals. 2014/15 is depressing when you think how winnable those were for us...

Yes and I am sure there were also games where the teams in front of us lost that they shoudln’t have, that is baseball for you.

14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

He's got an ERA of around 5.30 since early May. 

EDIT: And Scioscia seems to like that he can pitch multiple innings.  But who cares if you suck during those innings.

Maybe you guys missed yesterday's bullpen game that started in the 1st inning. The guys in the bullpen are so damn over used and yes, even Now Ramirez is at his career highest innings totals and it's only mid August. 

Not making excuses for him other than he is pitching well past what his skillset was supposed to provide. Less Noe is a more productive Noe. But right now there is no other choice than use him.

10 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Yes and I am sure there were also games where the teams in front of us lost that they shoudln’t have, that is baseball for you.

lol well I'm talking about 1 game late in the year that would have swung the season, the ball sticking in Featherston's glove was a total fluke like 1 in a million. The Stros got in 1 game ahead of us, we were up 3-0 in the 9th against them with Street in who had food poisoning that day.

I get what you're saying but I'm venting because we were relatively good 14-15 compared to the best teams unlike right now where it's going to be 4 of the 5 same stacked AL teams in the playoffs with us looking like shit.

4 minutes ago, IheartLA said:

lol well I'm talking about 1 game late in the year that would have swung the season, the ball sticking in Featherston's glove was a total fluke like 1 in a million. The Stros got in 1 game ahead of us, we were up 3-0 in the 9th against them with Street in who had food poisoning that day.

I get what you're saying but I'm venting because we were relatively good 14-15 compared to the best teams unlike right now where it's going to be 4 of the 5 same stacked AL teams in the playoffs with us looking like shit.

That was a tough loss against Houston. 

Fletcher with a productive out there but it raises an issue I have with managers on playing the infield IN or not.

To my way of thinking -- on the road -- heck even at HOME -- but especially on the road -- keeping this a three run game in the bottom of the 7th is important.

I play the infield up to prevent that sixth run from scoring --

yeah - they may get a base hit through a drawn in infield but IMO -- a run scoring ground ball is almost the same thing at this point in the game.

I play the infield up and cut down the run.

Also, some managers won't play the infield up early in the game - -"it's early' is the explanation.  Me? A run that beats you in the first / second inning is just the same as one that beats you in the 8th/ 9th -- INFIELD IN.

6 minutes ago, disarcina said:

Fletcher with a productive out there but it raises an issue I have with managers on playing the infield IN or not.

To my way of thinking -- on the road -- heck even at HOME -- but especially on the road -- keeping this a three run game in the bottom of the 7th is important.

I play the infield up to prevent that sixth run from scoring --

yeah - they may get a base hit through a drawn in infield but IMO -- a run scoring ground ball is almost the same thing at this point in the game.

I play the infield up and cut down the run.

Also, some managers won't play the infield up early in the game - -"it's early' is the explanation.  Me? A run that beats you in the first / second inning is just the same as one that beats you in the 8th/ 9th -- INFIELD IN.

If Detroit played the infield in, Fletcher's ball gets through. The shortsop barely had reaction time to dive and stop the ball. 

Simmons was a great pick up for us -- but Atlanta knew what they were doing.

Sean Newcomb starts for them tomorrow -- he'll be a key guy in their rotation for the next four/ five years.

I still like the deal we made, though -- can't get quality players unless you give up something.

Simmons is a top tier quality SS. If  he weren't on the same team as Trout and Ohtani folks would hear more about him.

But he is on the same team with Trout and Ohtani and we're still 10 games back and under .500 first week of August? GEEZ.

Interesting to see if Simmons gets another GG this year or Lindor gets it. I was pleasantly surprised last year when Simmons got it. I was sure it was going to be Lindor.

Simmons DL time this year may cost him the GG to Lindor -- both are real top quality players.

Robles gets rocked without good D.

Yep.

It's like the story Scully always told on the Dodger broadcast about some long ago game in Brooklyn.

Brooklyn reliever comes in with guys at first and second one out to face some menacing slugger.

the slugger rocks a ball to the wall that the Dodger outfielder nearly climbs the wall to catch  for out number two......

Manager pulls the reliever who says to the next guy coming in to get the last out -- "I got my guy"