• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Eric Chavez named new Salt Lake Bees manager

8 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

Chavez has had plenty of experience managing the game from the sidelines for most of his career. I like the move.

What does that even mean?  No offense intended.  "Managing from the sidelines?"

31 minutes ago, mancini79 said:

He was always on the DL.

While on the DL, Eric Chavez wrote a book, recorded an album, starred in Moneyball, finished his PHD & killed a bear with his bare hands.

The cause of his massive DL trips: tripped over a chair in the clubhouse, injured playing guitar hero, dislocated his arm playing billiards, fell out of his chair playing fantasy football, got into a argument with milton bradley jr, injured his arm making a routine throw in the infield, injured running for a foul ball he knew he wasn't going to get anyways, accidently hit himself with his own bat, a thumbnail that turned into a broken thumb & pulled his hammy getting out of bed, lost his arm once sticking it out of the team bus that had to be re-attached & he once guest starred in game of thrones where he got injured putting on his costume so his character was killed off using that footage of him falling down the stairs

Eric Chavez is a candidate for sure, but I would also think Mr. Torii Hunter is a possible managerial candidate.

Here's a list someone compiled.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/angels-manager-if-mike-scioscia-steps-down-at-seasons-end-here-are-10-potential-candidates-to-succeed-him/

And here is one for the Cardinal's opening which has one candidate I could see the Angels being interested in.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/cardinals-fire-mike-matheny-here-are-10-managerial-candidates-who-could-replace-him/

Joe Espada is a name that intrigues me. Other than that, it's most likely going to be one of the 3 in house options that Eppler has brought in. Either Ausmus, Paul, or Chavez... And my money is on Chavez. Looking back at Ausmus' gig with the Tigers makes me think he'd be a disastrous choice.

19 minutes ago, disarcina said:

reading about Eric Chavez's various DL 'trips' and the reason for them -- he looks like the Halos choice -- we could really relate to all the Halos players on the DL !! In fact, we might be the only MLB team with players and manager on the DL at the same time..........

Players, manager & coaches.....

He'll recruit some of his buddies from his playing days on the As for his coaching staff & alot of those guys couldn't stay healthy.

If he hires Nick Swisher as hitting coach i'd be on board with that, he'd be the anti-mickey hatcher, he'd call 1st pitch swinging a false stat.