• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

OC Register: Angels manager Mike Scioscia denies report that he will step down at the end of this season

CLEVELAND — A day after a report that Mike Scioscia is “expected” to step down as Angels manager at the end of the season, the longtime manager vehemently denied that he’s made any decisions, going so far as to call the report “poppycock.”

On Saturday night, noted baseball writer Ken Rosenthal published a story in the Athletic citing major league sources who indicated that Scioscia was expected to to be done as Angels manager at the end of this season, which is the final year of his 10-year contract.

The report said the decision was mutual, and that Scioscia had not been pressured to step down.

On Sunday morning, Scioscia said his status is the same as when he addressed reporters after the end of last season. At that time, he said would not seek an extension before the end of 2018, and he and general manager Billy Eppler and owner Arte Moreno would discuss his status then.

“Nothing has changed since we talked last October,” Scioscia said Sunday morning. “That’s the best way I can put it. There’s always chatter out there. The only word I have is poppycock. That’s all it is.”

There was also no indication that Scioscia had addressed the team or his coaches about his future.

Asked if he had any idea the source of the story, he said: “I think it’s just chatter.”

Scioscia was also asked if he still enjoyed managing, and he said “love it.”

Scioscia seemed frustrated by the report, but still handled it with humor, joking throughout a brief discussion of the topic with reporters. He cut off other questions when pressed for details.

Scioscia, 59, is the longest tenured manager in the big leagues, having led the Angels since 2000. He won the manager of the year award twice, including the 2002 season when he led the Angels to a World Series title.

The Angels were fixtures in the postseason for most of his first decade at the helm, but since 2010 they’ve made the playoffs just once, in 2014.

This year the Angels are in jeopardy of finishing below .500 for a third straight season, with a 55-56 record heading into Sunday’s game at Cleveland.

View the full article

3 minutes ago, Morris altalef said:

Mike Scioscia said : There’s always a chatter out there. It is only a poppycock ! 

This shows me clearly how much out of reality he have become. Yes Mike, this chatter belongs to Angels fans, not a Dodgers fans, we can read your bullshit, sorry, we enjoy winning and nothing else ! You are lucky to get a 10 years contract to begin with, do you have the nerve to complain, ???✍️

Yea, the last one is for a new chapter in Angels history, ??✌️

not true.

i also enjoy new socks and apple fritters. 

7 minutes ago, Morris altalef said:

Tank, any suggestion, who is your favorite to replace Scioscia, for God Sake say something related to baseball , do you have anything to say at all, I guess you like to stay anonymous, no problem, silent is golden ( only sometimes) , why be like that?or like that?or like that ?if you can be like that???

Lose the emojis you remind me of my 7 year old cousin.

3 minutes ago, Morris altalef said:

I guess your favorite is Josh Paul, isn’t he the notorious catcher that once upon a time forgot to tag A. J. Pierzynski, Tank you sounds to me like a person that gravitate towards F*ck ups ! ??

You think that, eh? Okay.

2 minutes ago, Morris altalef said:

I guess your favorite is Josh Paul, isn’t he the notorious catcher that once upon a time forgot to tag A. J. Pierzynski, Tank you sounds to me like a person that gravitate towards F*ck ups ! ??

No, Josh Paul is the notorious catcher that got screwed by a completely inept umpiring squad! 

1.  There are 15 teams in the AL.

2.  An AVERAGE team would get to the World Series once every 15 years.

3.  It has been 16 years since the Angels made the World Series.

4.  The common thread for those 16 years?  Owner and manager.

5.  Since the owner probably won't sell, the manager needs to go.

6.  Best potential manager:  Rex Hudler.    How much worse can he be compared to MS over the past 3 years?

I find it annoying that the article talks about if Scioscia will "step down" as Angel manager.

His contract is over.  He would not be stepping down.

Why would they not just report correctly?

"Mike Scioscia reportedly will not seek a new contract with the Angels this offseason."

It's not that hard.

11 hours ago, Jacob Balaike said:

1.  There are 15 teams in the AL.

2.  An AVERAGE team would get to the World Series once every 15 years.

3.  It has been 16 years since the Angels made the World Series.

4.  The common thread for those 16 years?  Owner and manager.

5.  Since the owner probably won't sell, the manager needs to go.

6.  Best potential manager:  Rex Hudler.    How much worse can he be compared to MS over the past 3 years?

AL teams who have made the world series in the last 15 years.

NY. Boston. Houston. Cleveland. Houston. Detroit. Texas.

Of those, 2 have more than a 3 year run of those 15 years where they made the playoffs.

Just to clarify, did you actually say an average team would make the world series?

23 hours ago, Morris altalef said:

You’re a fucking idiot.  

23 hours ago, Morris altalef said:

i am not pretending to say that I know who will be a good replacement for Scioscia, not at all. Just very happy to hear that most likely he is not coming back. My personal favors would have been Tim Salmon or Scott Shield, just 2 very good players that were very consistent and hopefully could bring this type of attitude into coaching. ?

I like Shields. I gave him a smoke one time through the chain link fence  in the bullpen in Seattle.

Does any one honestly feel now that the death watch/ spiral on Scioscia's time as manager of the Halos has unofficially but actually begun -- think that Scioscia will be back in 2019 as Halos manager?

Team heads into 2018 with all kinds of promise and expectations and in the first week of August is almost 10 games out and under ,500 fourth place in the West slipping to last.

The standard denial about the end of Scioscia's tenure has been reported..........all I am waiting for to make it official is for Arte or Eppler to say 'we're behind Mike 1,000 percent'