• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Valbuena DFAd?

23 minutes ago, Stradling said:

They probably should have started Cowart at pitcher and Ward at 3rd.  

Lol.  It's weird to see people complain about us calling up a guy to start the game.  Is Ward supposed to be our SP?  

McGuire likely goes down after the game, and someone else will be called up to replace him.  Maybe it's JMF and people can calm down, lol.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

47 minutes ago, floplag said:

Yeah, this.  i dont see them starting someone service clock early for no reason

Stop with the service clock horsecrap! That's not the reason.

They don't have a 40 man Roster spot because they keep adding one and done UpperDeck McSuck pitchers to cover every starter that goes down with a badly strained vagina. 

43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Stop with the service clock horsecrap! That's not the reason.

They don't have a 40 man Roster spot because they keep adding one and done UpperDeck McSuck pitchers to cover every starter that goes down with a badly strained vagina. 

it absolutely IS a reason if they expect the player to be a ML regular.  You dont give up a year of control. for a couple weeks in a non playoff season where it isnt needed, its stupid. 

Just now, floplag said:

it absolutely IS a reason if they expect the player to be a ML regular.  You dont give up a year of control. for a couple weeks in a non playoff season where it isnt needed, its stupid. 

That is correct, you don’t. Service time is cumulative 

1 minute ago, floplag said:

What I would say is it is less likely to be an important factor for players who you don't expect to be stars, but perhaps instead serviceable/average MLB players.  I would certainly expect us to do the best we can to ensure years of control/service time for Adell, Canning, etc, but probably not for Ward, Thaiss, etc.

I think it would be worthwhile to give Ward some reps at 3B soon, just to give us an idea of what kind of player we have.  This could play a role in our offseason strategy in terms of who we target, etc.

22 minutes ago, floplag said:

These guys are in their mid 20's not a 19 year old Trout. You don't give a crap about clock time on a MLB regular, only projected star/superstar. 

If either Thaiss of Ward are an actual impact player color me surprised. They can hold down a position but would be a Calhoun level player, some guy that earns a moderate arbitration raise then maybe a four year contact buying out the last arb year. 

So holding them back for clock instead of experience is just stupid at this point. The Angels are out of the race, these guys need some sink or swim time. 

Valbuena and his contract should clear waivers.

He'll be traded, playing for some other team (Oakland A's ??) with his new team paying just the MLB minimum and the Halos paying the amount of his contract over the MLB minimum for the remainder of 2018 season.

He might have to accept a minor league assignment with his new team until Sept. 1 when rosters expand.

He could probably help some NL team as an extra PH bat off the bench.

although, as a streak hitter (and some here note it's been some time since he's been on a 'hitting' streak) -- those type hitters seem to have a rough time adjusting to a limited player time/ PH role and need consistent ABs to get into the 'streak' groove.........that (frequent ABs at MLB level) is probably not in Valbuena's immediate future.

2 hours ago, floplag said:

Yeah, this.  i dont see them starting someone service clock early for no reason

I believe Fletcher mentioned earlier this week on some other topic that the most of the players whose "clocks" would start are not ready for promotion.