• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Holland

1 minute ago, Turd Ferguson said:

I know, deja vu. But why not sign him on the cheap for the rest of the year as essentially an extended tryout? If coaches like what they see, bring him back next year; if not, cut him lose. Seems like a low risk move.

I would certainly consider him mainly because I don’t like watching Pena start.  These coaches won’t be back so it will probably be up to Eppler and his staff to decide if he has any value left.  

No downside but extremely limited upside. Probably better off saving to spend in the offseason, even if it's only $100k. 

Yeah, maybe he pitches well. But then he's a FA. It's not like he's going to develop a sense of loyalty in 2 months. Especially if MS isn't retained. If he sucks then we're no better off than we were now except spent an extra 100k that we could spend over the off season.

He wants to play for a contender, but will any contender want him?  Would you if you were in a race trust him right now?  
I think hes going to have to do something to get anyone to go there.
Hou has a need there and went a got Osuna and killed thier rep instead of taking that change, that says alot. 
Hes going to need to remake himself... were as good as anywhere, why not 

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

He wants to play for a contender, but will any contender want him?  Would you if you were in a race trust him right now?  
I think hes going to have to do something to get anyone to go there.
Hou has a need there and went a got Osuna and killed thier rep instead of taking that change, that says alot. 
Hes going to need to remake himself... were as good as anywhere, why not 

It will take a spot on the 40 man and money. What does signing him get us? It would take a tremendous performance to meaningfully change any evaluation of him. And if he does have that level of performance he'll be in demand all over the league and be a FA. The Angels don't get to extend him a QO to assert some control.

1 hour ago, eaterfan said:

Closer than I was. I thought they were talking about the country in Northern Europe.

There's a whole lot of "Hollands" around.  Just limiting this to players and former players there's Greg, Derek, Al, Mario, Dutch, Mul (there is also a street Mullholland Dr.), Bill and Will.  There is also a lot of Hollands in Europe.