• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Tanking

And they could still end up with a nice player.  The draft is totally something of a crap shoot.  But why wouldn’t we want to have as much of our choice as possible.  It’s ok to know when you’re beat.  We aren’t putting a division flag up this year (I’m sure a bunch of you don’t even give a shit about that) we’ve all watched this for 4 months.  Doing damage in the playoffs is not  a reasonable option on the table.  Take what you can get.  In this case, hopefully more choice in the 2019 draft. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Baseball is not like basketball, or football...you can't transform your team overnight with a single player. Hell, the Astros spent years in the cellar collecting top draft picks and even then it wasn't a given...plenty of top picks flame out. The Angels getting the #10 pick, or #13 pick isn't going to make or break the team next year.

They need to move away from the Valbuena and Marte's of the world and give some of their younger guys some reps. Is Fletcher a real starting candidate next year, let's find out. Hell, let Cowart prove once and for all he'll make a great career minor league guy. Anyone else potentially knocking on the door for next year, bring them up and give them regular playing time. That's about as close to "tanking" as this organization is going to come.

4 minutes ago, Stradling said:

That’s not losing on purpose.  

Well, I guess technically when the alternatives are Marte or Valbuena that is true.  It’s not exactly going for it either though. 

I’d like to see Thaiss, Rengifo, and Ward all get 50+ AB’s this.  Not because I care if they win games or not, just because I’m interested in what we have in those players.  Hopefully this happens sooner then later. 

1 minute ago, red321 said:

Baseball is not like basketball, or football...you can't transform your team overnight with a single player. Hell, the Astros spent years in the cellar collecting top draft picks and even then it wasn't a given...plenty of top picks flame out. The Angels getting the #10 pick, or #13 pick isn't going to make or break the team next year.

They need to move away from the Valbuena and Marte's of the world and give some of their younger guys some reps. Is Fletcher a real starting candidate next year, let's find out. Hell, let Cowart prove once and for all he'll make a great career minor league guy. Anyone else potentially knocking on the door for next year, bring them up and give them regular playing time. That's about as close to "tanking" as this organization is going to come.

You’re absolutely right, again.  I’m all for DFA’ing both of them this afternoon.  Let’s move on from Marte and Valbuena ASAP.  

Obviously having pick 9 or 19 probably doesn’t make or break the clubs fate in the next 6 or more years.  The point is, the Angels get more of a free hand in choosing their guy.  That’s a good thing. And who knows, maybe he is a difference maker.  We don’t know.  More choice is better.  That’s all I’m saying. 

Until the Angels dump Valbuena, Marte and some of these other veteran reserve guys and bring up our prospects I have no interest in watching to be honest. Especially when Trout & Ohtani are not in the lineup. 

Ohtani should be starting against lefties too. Let him get as many looks against southpaws this year in a down season as possible so that he can make the necessary adjustments against them heading into next year. 

Why do you build me up buttercup, baby just to let me down and mess me around.

The winters are long without baseball.  You wait and wait and wait for it to start and then... a few months in - it's already over. 

I don't want them to tank and I don't think they will.  They just find ways to lose organically. 

It's going to be a long, painful winter AGAIN.

2 minutes ago, True Grich said:

Why do you build me up buttercup, baby just to let me down and mess me around.

The winters are long without baseball.  You wait and wait and wait for it to start and then... a few months in - it's already over. 

I don't want them to tank and I don't think they will.  They just find ways to lose organically. 

It's going to be a long, painful winter AGAIN.

Hey ! I think this winter is going to exciting.  I’m very much looking forward to it.  Let’s get this dumpster fire season over with ASAP and get on with the hot stove season !  I think the Angels will be active and I think come January we’re all going to be irrationally optimistic again.  Good times !

october will suck tho.  Hopefully we don’t have to deal with the Doyers in the World Series again.