• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Red Sox get Ian Kinsler

Chuck

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

i'm genuinely surprised we traded kinsler. all of the armchair GMs here have been increasingly calling for him to be moved (specifically to boston, too - nice call), but i can't remember too many times in the past when a player we picked up in the winter was traded during that season.

i'm encouraged that eppler and company are making moves that need to be made. small steps are fine with me . . . now it's time to see valbuena get his pink slip.

i hope they bring up ward but i'm preparing that it'll be cowart at third and fletcher will move to second. with the way the kids are playing on the farm, i see this as cowart's last shot with the team.

In a lot of ways, this is likely Cowart’s last shot.  He will be out of options after this year, and it seems increasingly unlikely he’ll be kept on the roster.  Now he has two months to prove that he does indeed belong on a roster full-time.

2 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I bet you they'll be better than those two.  Have you seen them pitch?  ( I know you have).  

Wilkel has an era of 7.59 in A ball.  Montgomery got demoted to A+ after a poor showing in AA.  

The most obvious outcome is that Montgomery and Wilkel never make it to the majors and Buttrey and Jerez get time as relievers and end up with one good season here or there.  I like our chances of getting more out of what we got than what we gave up and I like our odds of getting more of them than what we could pull off the scrap heap.  

(seriously though.  Morris and Paredes?  come on Scotty).  

Yep....  Basically they traded for two guys who right now are what Hernandez might be in two years....  Youd like to still have Hernandez and the upside he could still stick as a SP, but again, the two new guys are closer to delivering and can be tested out sooner.

As far as Montgomery goes...   Same age as Lund, one level behind him, probably has better pop but less speed.  With Hermosillo and others around he was a redundant piece.

Personally just glad they got something from the only team that seemingly had a need for him.

Adios, Bootsie. We hardly got to know ye.

It certainly looks like Pedroia's playing days might be numbered. That's why Kinsler gets to go for a ring in Boston. Machete is going for the same ring with Houston.

Who else with the Halos rates a late-season shot at a World Series? The clock is ticking down on Tuesday.

Ian put on a late display of energy and offense the past week. Must have sealed his own deal.

1 hour ago, Vlad27Trout27 said:

So I assume Fletcher gets moved to 2nd now. So does Valbuena gets starting gigs at 3rd........?

If so F*ck this shit, F*ck F*ck F*ck why why why why....................

No, I wouldn't put Valbuena anywhere, except out the door.  I like this deal because 1) it moves Fletcher to a better position for him (2B), and 2) it puts Cowart at 3B for one more shot at his natural position.  That would improve things actually over having Kinsler here, because Cowart is far better than Valbuena, and Fletcher is performing remarkably well.  At least the defense improves, not sure about the offense, but that could be improved with Ward or through free agency.  Next year we also have Cozart returning.

49 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

I bet you they'll be better than those two.  Have you seen them pitch?  ( I know you have).  

Wilkel has an era of 7.59 in A ball.  Montgomery got demoted to A+ after a poor showing in AA.  

The most obvious outcome is that Montgomery and Wilkel never make it to the majors and Buttrey and Jerez get time as relievers and end up with one good season here or there.  I like our chances of getting more out of what we got than what we gave up and I like our odds of getting more of them than what we could pull off the scrap heap.  

(seriously though.  Morris and Paredes?  come on Scotty).  

Look at the numbers and you'll see why.

15 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

He didnt work out here, obviously, but it wasnt the worst idea signing him here (one year deal).

Wished he hit more, but his glove was great to watch.

Boston is a good fit for him. Now we can forget his 4 months here and go back to hating him. We totally sold out there for a bit.

We traded for him, we didn't sign him to a 1 year deal

1 minute ago, Kody Mac said:

So was it a good trade?

seems to be on paper. won't know more until the kids get the call to anaheim.

there's also a plus in how it opens up a spot for someone like ward to come up and start playing sometime this season.