• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread 07/28 vs. Mariners

failos

25 minutes ago, aznhockeyguy said:

Not sure if anyone posted but, Arcia now owns a major league record for most RBI to start a career after 2 games with 10.  Mr. clutch or just a very hot start.

yeah, pretty crazy to think that in over 125 years of MLB, this guy is the first to have 10 rbis in his first two games. pretty awesome stuff.

46 minutes ago, Tank said:

have at it, libs!

I love this, kudos!

Fair warning, I'ma gonna political rant on a sports site, stop reading if you hate that. 

I realize I'm not typical, but I am generally a lib (more so culturally than economically), and I laughed at your joke, because it's hilarious and true.  What frustrates me is the many people that share my views and are assholes about it, sometimes worse than Jehovah Witness doorknockers. We're not ALL that stereotype of the suburban yoga soccer mom or self-hating man that doesnt self-hate only because he's proud of disowning his white privilege by having besties from another race. 

I lived in SF for college for 5 years and the incessant "better than our unfortunately uninformed fellow humans" elitism is totally real and the #1 reason I had to leave. I still hold the same liberal views, but get super frustrated when I hear the libtard jokes, not at the person telling them, but at those that share my views and decide to be jerks about it, making the jokes accurate and fair game. And then "we" judge "righties" for being selfish pricks that don't care about other people. Because that totally makes sense. 

Maybe I do fit the self hating dude narrative after all, oops. 

Alright, rant off, back to baseball. Screw those libtard Oakland and Seattle hippies, go Angels! 

(Mods, yeah, this may be out of line even if I'm mocking myself in the process, delete if out of bounds, sorry). 

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

ha, "have at it, libs!" is an old classic line used in the political forum here.

Weird, for as long as I've been reading here, even before posting that's one I don't remember. In any case, it wasn't you that set me off, something else I read from an old acquaintance, you just gave me an excuse to vent. So sorry/thanks.