• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread vs White Sox: 07/23/18 Fletcher in vs. RHP

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

I’d be fine with that.  Unless it is a lefty pitching.  I would probably put Trout back at 2nd, and hit Ohtani 3rd, Upton 4th, Simmons 5th, Albert 6th.

right now, i don't care about the righty-lefty thing. if ohtani is gonna play here, he needs to make himself hit against lefties. throw him out there and let/force him to work it out.

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

Please explain to me how it is pretending? Show me where he said he was only going to Boston

How bout you go back in time, and look at every single prediction of him going to Boston, all off season.  He also started the offseason asking for $250 million.  Add in Boras, and the fact that most teams see him as a DH and we have a shit ton of those, it was never going to happen.  If it did happen, there are no guarantees it is for the same amount of money he signed with Boston.  

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

The White Sox are bringing in a new pitcher to face Valbuena. Why bother?

seriously, you could probably choose someone from the stands at random to pitch and get the same results from valbuena.

Just now, Stradling said:

How bout you go back in time, and look at every single prediction of him going to Boston, all off season.  He also started the offseason asking for $250 million.  Add in Boras, and the fact that most teams see him as a DH and we have a shit ton of those, it was never going to happen.  If it did happen, there are no guarantees it is for the same amount of money he signed with Boston.  

Lol so that's how you come to the conclusion that JD was never, under any circumstance, possibly going to be an Angel. 

Red Sox are just a better organization when it comes to these decisions. So are the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, disarcina said:

you bring a guy in to take the bat out of Valbuena's hands?

Are the White Sox trying to give this game back to the Halos?

Knowing the Angels' luck, Valbuena probably would have hit a home run there.

Just now, GrittyVeterans said:

Lol so that's how you come to the conclusion that JD was never, under any circumstance, possibly going to be an Angel. 

Red Sox are just a better organization when it comes to these decisions. So are the Yankees.

Well you somehow came to the conclusion it was a possibility.  I mean if I squint real hard I could see how we almost traded Albert back to St Louis, because in my head I can make it true.  

35 minutes ago, eligrba4ever said:

Really firing them BBs at Trout. Justin has to make somebody pay for that.

Not that it matters for real baseball, but for those of us that in the last 2-3 months of the season take solace in things like Trout's career WAR and MVP chances, these IBB's suck. They do not raise his WAR like a normal BB. 

Which, yes, is another flaw in WAR. I understand that the IBB's just for setting up double plays really shouldn't count for the batter as a positive, but to say that the vast majority of Trout's are not a credit to him is just plain dumb.