• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels and Yankees, trade partners?

2 minutes ago, 2020worldseries said:

Jon Morosi
#Angels not motivated to move controllable starters Andrew Heaney or Tyler Skaggs, so #Yankees (or any other club) would need to offer immediate @MLB talent. Angels aren’t going to rebuild with Mike Trout a free agent after ’20

Right - exactly.  We wouldn't trade Skaggs/Heaney for single A prospects.  We'd need guys in AAA who are already "ready" or guys already in the MLB.  I will gladly take Gleyber Torres, for example ;) 

26 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

What if he keeps getting better?  

You were just downplaying his trade value, and now you're saying there is no better time to flip him?

What are you talking about.  You initially implied that you weren’t interested in Andujar because you wanted to see what Ward could do.  That’s the point I was debating.  

His value is limited for a team looking to compete now.  The reason for this is that he’s a relatively risky bet if you’re looking for an immediate impact player.  On the other hand, a team that is rebuilding may be willing to roll the dice on him and trade a player they don’t see being part of the team post rebuild.  His nice year at plate this year is what makes him interesting.  It has probably increased his value. 

The Angels need an immediate impact 3b.  Maybe that’s Ward.  It probably is not given his history.  Ultimately given an alternative like Andujar, the Angels would be foolish to pass on Wards account.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, 2020worldseries said:

Jon Morosi
#Angels not motivated to move controllable starters Andrew Heaney or Tyler Skaggs, so #Yankees (or any other club) would need to offer immediate @MLB talent. Angels aren’t going to rebuild with Mike Trout a free agent after ’20

THIS ^^^^

We're not the Royals in desperate need of unloading talent for prospects.

2 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

THIS ^^^^

We're not the Royals in desperate need of unloading talent for prospects.

Skaggs is a path to acquiring pieces that we need at the major league level.  I’m not looking to deal him but if the Yankees would trade Andujar i would do it. 

Bunch of crazy talk here. I do not believe it's in the team's best interest to trade ANY of their starters.  The team wants to compete with the last two years of Trout's contract.  That would be more difficult without Skaggs, the Angels' BEST STARTER.  I get the temptation to trade for young talent, but this team, despite the shit show it currently is, can compete next year. 

No.  The team keeps Skaggs and fixes the offense with a couple of smart free agent buys and from the farm. 

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Skaggs is a path to acquiring pieces that we need at the major league level.  I’m not looking to deal him but if the Yankees would trade Andujar i would do it. 

Andujar has been worth 1 WAR through 82 games this season and his defense there is not good.  He's not worth a #1 starter. Maybe Heaney but Andujar, while a nice prospect overall, has too many holes in his game.

8 minutes ago, mulwin444 said:

Andujar has been worth 1 WAR through 82 games this season and his defense there is not good.  He's not worth a #1 starter. Maybe Heaney but Andujar, while a nice prospect overall, has too many holes in his game.

Don’t you think that Heaney’s additional year of control makes him more valuable to the Angels tho ? Maybe you’re right, in any case I’d trade either.  I think Andjuar’s glove at 3b can be improved.  He has the arm for the position.  

I view filling out the line up with competent bats as Epplers top priority.  

Sure, let's trade Skaggs (currently our best pitcher) and get back prospects. Then do just the opposite and trade our top prospects (plus some of the ones we just acquired) to the Giants and get Madison Bumgarner. Yea, stupid trade idea I know, because some people here overvalue prospects. If we trade Skaggs, I want a major league player back in return, not prospects. If they want Skaggs, tell them to send us 'The Judge' and we'll include a prospect. Then listen to them say 'NO' just as loud as I am saying NO to this purposed trade now.

12 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Don’t you think that Heaney’s additional year of control makes him more valuable to the Angels tho ? Maybe you’re right, in any case I’d trade either.  I think Andjuar’s glove at 3b can be improved.  He has the arm for the position.  

I view filling out the line up with competent bats as Epplers top priority.  

I think Skaggs has the stuff you want to keep on your staff while Heaney is just a notch below.  Still good but, if I'm the Angels, I'm not worried so much about potential control as we have the money to sign him.  It's more about worth and leverage.  Yankees need starters this season and need to make a move now while the Angels are looking towards next season and don't have to make a move.  Yankees need to blow the Angels away and Miguel Andujar for Skaggs is not "blowing them away".  IF Eppler is indeed interested in trading Skaggs at peak value for this season he's likely to find a better deal with among the other contenders 

3 hours ago, Erstad Grit said:

Might Yankees send him to us while acquiring machado?

I honestly think the Angels would not want Andujar because of his defense (it has improved but is still not good). Eppler really seems to favor good defense at every position and I just don't think Miguel has that to be honest. Don't get me wrong he has other interesting tools but he won't cut it long at 3B in my opinion.

I do not see the point of trading either one of our young starter, when we plan on competing the next few years and also the fact that the Free agent market this year for pitchers isn't really good and the uncertainty with Ohtani.

Personally I would keep the rotation as is and sometime next year we'll see Canning and Suarez up here. 

Also why waste money of starting pitching in the upcoming Free agency when we can wait another year and sign the likes of Bumgarner, Cole, Sale and many other.

57 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Unless Cozart is moving to right field next year, I don't see how Cozart and Fletcher are not taking over second and third in 2019.

Dude, I am not sure how to say this, but Cozart is not moving to right field, please, please, please stop saying it.  It isn’t going to happen.  It wasn’t going to ever happen.  It shouldn’t happen.

Trade Calhoun for a relief prospect. Trade Valbuena for "cash considerations". Trade Bedrosian for a couple C level prospects. Trade Maldonado for a couple relief prospects.

See, we find ourselves in this position far too often. We're just competitive enough to not do a full fire sale. But we also only have like one or two pieces worth anything and they might get us some low level prospects or failed relievers. 

Richards would have been the perfect trade candidate but haha the Angels.

17 minutes ago, BackUpTheTruck said:

Now I'm on board with Kole starting next year. 

If Ward and Fletcher significantly outperform Cozart in spring training next year, I wouldn't mind Cozart being an expensive utility infielder.  

I still think Cozart bounces back though.

I think he bounces back, too, but we have him for TWO more years. That'sa lotta expensive utility infielder time. He wont be dislodged by a bad spring, no matter how good Ward and Fletch are.

No, Cozart will be back at 2nd/3rd and Fletch will probably be at the one not occupied by Coz. Ward, despite his fantastic season at AAA will probably just get a September call up and spend  a half year in AAA next year. It's the Angel way, fer chrissakes.