• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels and Yankees, trade partners?

5 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:
  1. Justus Sheffield  Tyler Skaggs LHP, New York Yankees  LA Angels

Why he’ll succeed: Mid-90s velocity from the left side with a shot for two above-average (or better) secondaries are some good portents for success.

Why he might fail: Health, command, consistency, height. When he’s not healthy the stuff can flag, and the inconsistency of his control and command mean that even when he is healthy, the quality of the pitches can play down. All of this could result in a relief profile when it’s all said and done.

there you go

1 hour ago, CanadianHalo said:

lol Skaggs for Torres...

I’d give the Yanks whoever the hell they wanted minus Adell/Canning to combo with Skaggs for Gleyber

Eppler NEEDS to sell high on Skaggs

sell high? THere's nothing fluky about his performance this season. People realize that Skaggs was a top prospect himself, right? He was ranked #13 on BA's top 100 in 2012 and then #12 in 2013. He's under club control for 2 more years at what will be a bargain. The guy is talented and always has been, and now that he's healthy he's showing it

These aren't the guys you try to trade when the goal is to be a competitive team next season. The rotation is already a question mark with Richards out of the equation and Ohtani's elbow. 

5 hours ago, ettin said:

I honestly think the Angels would not want Andujar because of his defense (it has improved but is still not good). Eppler really seems to favor good defense at every position and I just don't think Miguel has that to be honest. Don't get me wrong he has other interesting tools but he won't cut it long at 3B in my opinion.

I know absolutely nothing about him as a player except his stats. 

trading skaggs and heaney would be beyond ridiculous and a huge step backwards. the team is gearing up for next year, and with pitching in such short supply and high demand, these two are going to anchor the pitching staff for the foreseeable future.

We do need a 3b guys.  Let Fletcher and Cozart duke it out for 2b.  We also need a bat that we can put into the middle of the line up.  It’s not serious to think we can keep leaning on Pujols as a middle of the order bat.  We have no idea what we have in Thaiss.  They need to get another established bat. 

I’m not saying you are trying to get rid of Skaggs or Heaney, but if teams are going to offer good relatively proven young players with 3+ years of club control.....I mean, we do have Suarez and Canning in the minors. 

I'll look at this from a different point of view.  

Skaggs, Heaney and likely Barria form up the middle of this rotation.  I know two out of three of those guys needed TJ surgery already, but if they can somehow stays healthy, that really makes Eppler's job easy.  They stabilize it all.  That's the core, they're going to keep you in games and give you a very good chance at winning with the way they throw the ball. 

If those three are healthy and doing what they're doing this year, all Eppler has to do is put someone great in front of them to be the ace, and a guy or two behind them to wrap up the rotation.  We already have that ace in Ohtani.  Hopefully he doesn't need surgery.  And as for the back end, well you're seeing the bang up job McGuire and Pena are doing, and they're just fill ins.  Both are destined for relief.  If the Angels put someone with actual upside there, like Canning or Suarez, then this team is sitting pretty. 

I wouldn't necessarily trade Skaggs or Heaney because of our attrition rates as much as I don't want to trade away the core of our rotation.  Those guys are young, left handed, great upside, inexpensive, former first round picks....Many teams would kill for that sort of quality. 

4 hours ago, bloodbrother said:

sell high? THere's nothing fluky about his performance this season. People realize that Skaggs was a top prospect himself, right? He was ranked #13 on BA's top 100 in 2012 and then #12 in 2013. He's under club control for 2 more years at what will be a bargain. The guy is talented and always has been, and now that he's healthy he's showing it

These aren't the guys you try to trade when the goal is to be a competitive team next season. The rotation is already a question mark with Richards out of the equation and Ohtani's elbow. 

Yes sell high.

Skaggs can’t be relied on to stay healthy, you take full advantage of the season he is currently having. If we can get back 1 or 2 major league ready guys under control it would help us more in being able to fill out the roster to compete next season versus keeping Skaggs.

6 hours ago, CanadianHalo said:

Yes sell high.

Skaggs can’t be relied on to stay healthy, you take full advantage of the season he is currently having. If we can get back 1 or 2 major league ready guys under control it would help us more in being able to fill out the roster to compete next season versus keeping Skaggs.

How does replacing one of the teams few good young players(who is under club control for 2 more years) for more unproven prospects help the team get better next season?

I have an idea. What if they just keep their good players and fill the roster out around them

4 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

How does replacing one of the teams few good young players(who is under club control for 2 more years) for more unproven prospects help the team get better next season?

I have an idea. What if they just keep their good players and fill the roster out around them

Great idea...

So next season when Skaggs gets hurt (like I said, he can’t be relied on to stay healthy) we’ll be right where we are now with Richards. 

You sell high on players that have an injury history like Skaggs.