• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Eppler's Manager

On 7/5/2018 at 3:45 PM, Scotty@AW said:

Josh Paul, Brad Ausmus are the most likely candidates given that Eppler brought them in and they currently work for the Angels in some capacity. 

I think what's even more interesting is if they do replace Scioscia, will any of the remaining coaches stay on board?  For example, let's say Paul is promoted, do Dino Ebel and Alfredo griffin say, "F it, I just got passed for a job by a kid that's only been here a year and I've been here a decade.  I'm out."

But yeah, I had to guess I'd say if they do get rid of Scioscia, it'll be Ausmus as manager, Paul as bench coach, Nagy and Hinske stay on.  Everyone else is replaced. 

Don’t bring back Nagy or the current training staff. I am tired of the muscle injuries and a constant need for TJ surgery. 

A new manager will want to hire his own coaches especially the pitching coach. I think that Eppler will go with Girardi.

1 minute ago, TroutTrumbo said:

Don’t bring back Nagy or the current training staff. I am tired of the muscle injuries and a constant need for TJ surgery. 

A new manager will want to hire his own coaches especially the pitching coach. I think that Eppler will go with Girardi.

The training staff was changed this past off season

On 7/6/2018 at 2:25 PM, Dtwncbad said:

Do you think Albert is actually hated and mistreated?

I don't.  I love Pujols.  But he sucks now.

I am a fan, yes, but that doesn't require me to be dishonest, does it?

Hated is probably a strong word. 

Honestly it’s because most threads here or twitter comments are usually when anyone does anything wrong. No one ever tweets to me to tell me what a great game someone has.

3 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Hated is probably a strong word. 

Honestly it’s because most threads here or twitter comments are usually when anyone does anything wrong. No one ever tweets to me to tell me what a great game someone has.

Got it, we all do need to be more positive.

Trout had a great game! Deck looked good too.

1 hour ago, Dick B Back said:

Got it, we all do need to be more positive.

Trout had a great game! Deck looked good too.

That’s not what I’m saying at all. 

I’m saying it’s my mistake to make judgments on your general feelings by the interactions on message boards or twitter. 

It would be like a doctor saying “why is everyone always sick?”

I agree with the prior posts:

Brad Ausmus.

You just know that Brad Ausmus is up in the Franchise Executive Suites/ Boxes during Halos home games, chatting away with Eppler about various managerial moves being made (or not made) during the game.........game after game.

Ausmus was brought on board for a reason. As Eppler plans his re-building strategy he's conversing daily about game situation moves with his future manager.

Josh Paul would probably be the bench coach, all new coaching staff brought in my Ausmus (expect influx of Detroit/ Houston folks - isn't that where Ausmus played/ managed?)

If Josh Paul does become the 'bench coach' or even the manager -- we gotta be assured he's going to instruct his catcher to 'never play umpire' and to 'always tag the runner on a third strike' if there is any question at all about whether the catcher caught the ball, was in the dirt, etc.  ALWAYS TAG THE RUNNER -- I continue to blame that whole playoff fiasco vs. the White Sox on Josh Paul -- not the umpire,  not our favorite opposition player to jeer - Pryzinski (spelled wrong -- is he still playing for anyone?) , etc.

1 hour ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I’m saying it’s my mistake to make judgments on your general feelings by the interactions on message boards or twitter. 

I was joking Jeff, no sweat.

2 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

the difference being that you were correct

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:21 PM, Lou said:

I tried showing Robles, Anderson and Parker some love yesterday.

crickets . . . 

Both TrainWreck McGuire and Chernobyl Robles haven’t been too bad lately.    Maybe Robles escaping bases loaded and none out in Seattle gave him some much needed confidence?

McGuire has had two nice 3 innings showings, only tainted by the 4th inning in his previous start.  See if McGuire can give them some 2017 Petit.

Pena has been a surprise with two straight solid 5.1 innings showings, 13 Ks and just 2 runs allowed in 10.2 innings.

On 7/7/2018 at 10:38 PM, disarcina said:

- Pryzinski (spelled wrong -- is he still playing for anyone?) , etc.

He does color for Fox.  I have always said that if Pierzynski has a kid who makes it to the major leagues, I'll boo him too.