• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

I was watching The Simpsons last night (saw it was an episode in the early years when it was actually good and witty) and for some reason this quote just reminded me of this thread and how dumb, petty and dramatic politics are, especially these days it seems.

Birch Barlow: Mayor Quimby, you are well known for your lenient stance on crime, but suppose for a second that your house was ransacked by thugs, your family was tied up in the basement with socks in their mouths, you try to open the door but there's too much blood on the knob....
Mayor Quimby: What is your, ah, question?
Birch Barlow: My question is about the budget, sir.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

^^^^^^^

So true, I think the truth of this matters not at all to the folks who are really invested in this.  Pretty sad.

If the accusers have corroboration or some evidence that these things happened, their charges would have some merit. The NY Times talked to several dozen friends/associates of Ramirez and not one of them knew anything about what she was alleging. The same with Ford. Her "best friend" who was supposedly at that party knew nothing about it and said she didn't even know Kavanaugh. Keyser, I think her name is.

The truth of the matter is hard to discern when all we have is the uncorroborated word of two people, or will it be three now that Avenatti is threatening his bombshell. Or four, or five...how many more women can they drag out before tomorrow's hearing and Friday's committee vote?

Transparent, and disgusting political hit on a good and decent man. 

6 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I don't know. If Trump wants him on the SC it's hard to believe he's actually a good and decent man

Trump is not a good person but that doesn't mean he can't make a good decision every now and then. I think his SCOTUS picks have been the best thing he's done.

20 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

If the accusers have corroboration or some evidence that these things happened, their charges would have some merit. The NY Times talked to several dozen friends/associates of Ramirez and not one of them knew anything about what she was alleging. The same with Ford. Her "best friend" who was supposedly at that party knew nothing about it and said she didn't even know Kavanaugh. Keyser, I think her name is.

The truth of the matter is hard to discern when all we have is the uncorroborated word of two people, or will it be three now that Avenatti is threatening his bombshell. Or four, or five...how many more women can they drag out before tomorrow's hearing and Friday's committee vote?

Transparent, and disgusting political hit on a good and decent man. 

You don't know this.  

It is what you want to be true, but this is what I mean about people not being interested in knowing the truth.

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

Trump is not a good person but that doesn't mean he can't make a good decision every now and then. I think his SCOTUS picks have been the best thing he's done.

Trump doesn't surround himself with goodness and decency. He surrounds himself with those he can use and manipulate. If you choose to do something decent like Sessions recusing himself or Tillerson attempting diplomacy, you get belittled and called out. If by some chance these two SC picks turn out to be good and decent it will be purely by accident because it was never a consideration in his choices

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

You don't know this.  

It is what you want to be true, but this is what I mean about people not being interested in knowing the truth.

Conversely

17 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

I don't know. If Trump wants him on the SC it's hard to believe he's actually a good and decent man

16 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

Trump doesn't surround himself with goodness and decency. He surrounds himself with those he can use and manipulate. If you choose to do something decent like Sessions recusing himself or Tillerson attempting diplomacy, you get belittled and called out. If by some chance these two SC picks turn out to be good and decent it will be purely by accident because it was never a consideration in his choices

You are right about his cabinet picks but that's not the type of people he's choosing for the SCOTUS. Completely different vetting process too