• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

Obviously if the FBI found any proof found that Kavanaugh is guilty it's a no brainer that he shouldn't be on the supreme court.  That said I hope he isn't so the country can move on and also so we can see the meltdown coming from some on the left.  Both sides have their fair share of crazies but I gotta give the nod to the left when it comes to throwing tantrums and needing safe spaces.  

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Scores of angry protesters are outside Flake's office now.

These people need to get a life.

Wonder the turn around time will be for Republicans to feature them in a political ad about the "unstable left"? The politics of this isn't hard to follow.

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Scores of angry protesters are outside Flake's office now.

These people need to get a life.

Ha. I was just going to say that it would have been great if Munchin had turned to the protesters and said: "Don't you chicks work?" 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Ha. I was just going to say that it would have been great if Munchin had turned to the protesters and said: "Don't you chicks work?" 

Cals is squirming in his chair trying not to tag on to that. 

Just now, mtangelsfan said:

I actually wish he hadn't been confirmed.  I think if Trump was really smart he would have replaced Kavanaugh immediately after the first rumor and put up an even more conservative woman for the pick.

Libs would have been screwed.

when all of this first materialized, that's exactly what I thought was going to happen. 

2 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I actually wish he hadn't been confirmed.  I think if Trump was really smart he would have replaced Kavanaugh immediately after the first rumor and put up an even more conservative woman for the pick.

So maybe for Trump it’s not about conservatism but about a particular issue that may come up. Maybe the frat boy is the only one he could con

13 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Honestly, even though I've been branded a board lib, I don't mind seeing another conservative added to the Supreme Court. But I don't trust Kavanaugh, and his behavior during this process has been totally undignified. 

13 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Honestly, even though I've been branded a board lib, I don't mind seeing another conservative added to the Supreme Court. But I don't trust Kavanaugh, and his behavior during this process has been totally undignified. 

See,  I don't buy the behavior argument.  If he is being truthful, then how would you expect him to act?  I'd be pissed if my entire life was questioned, if I couldn't coach my kids in sports, if my kids were harassed, if my life was tarnished.  

I don't buy that as much as I don't buy it when police use the "he didn't act the way a person who......"  As if every person responds the same way.

I still don't like him.

34 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

So maybe for Trump it’s not about conservatism but about a particular issue that may come up. Maybe the frat boy is the only one he could con

Yeah, that's why the GOP felt they had to rush Kavanaugh's nomination through. The whole "separate sovereign" issue is about to come before the SCOTUS. 

1 minute ago, Mark68 said:

Yeah, that's why the GOP felt they had to rush Kavanaugh's nomination through. The whole "separate sovereign" issue is about to come before the SCOTUS. 

There was nothing rushed about the process. The position has been sitting open for two years. 

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There was nothing rushed about the process. The position has been sitting open for two years. 

Not that one. That was only open since Kennedy announced his retirement.

The other one that was open for nearly two years...that should have been Merrick Garland's seat. The only reason that was open for so long was because the GOP refused to even consider Garland.

16 hours ago, calscuf said:

And still none of you who support him want to address the fact that he lied about shit.  The shit he lied about was irrelevant, but lies regardless.  

I always tell my clients in preparation for providing testimony:  Difficult or embarrassing truth is much either to deal with than any lie, regardless of how unimportant you think it is.  You lie, you destroy your credibility.  

In his case had he told the truth he would’ve looked like a douchbag teenager acting like a douchbag teenager.  Embarrassing but honest about mostly irrelevant facts.  Instead he lies and now he’s a grown up liar, not a teenage douchbag.

if senators want to vote against him because of lieing about how he handled emails and documents, i have no problem with that.

15 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

That may be his reasoning but I don't think this has moved any faster or slower than any other nomination.

Also, the separate sovereign issue is vital.  The entire point is to circumvent the 5th Amendment.  You may not like that Manafort may benefit but if you think that original ruling was good then you are no fan of the Constitution.