• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Roe v. Wade and the new SC Justice

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

The Democratic halfheartedness in cross-examining Kavanaough doesn't really lend into a belief that this was ever handled in good faith.

the senators on both sides should have spent their time actually asking questions instead of playing to the crowd

4 hours ago, RallyMo said:

That may be true, but it doesn't make this guy getting on the court amidst a sea of other options any less disappointing. In fact, it makes it worse. 

this has been said during every confirmation process ever.

It's so fascinating to me how people on both sides of the aisle are staring at the same interviews, the same allegations, the same statements and seeing two entirely opposite things.

When I watched Kavanaugh yesterday, I only saw a whiny, entitled, defensive mess. Many conservatives saw him as trustworthy, heartfelt, and genuine. Who is wrong here? What is it with our brains that causes us to be such hacks for our preconceived beliefs?

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

A one week limited scope FBI investigation between the committee approval, which just happened, and the floor vote. Clever by the Republicans.

1 hour ago, calscuf said:

Dems just got hosed.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

Ohhhhh, so a farce. 

I agree.

the dems should have held out until over the weekend and let the outrage build. 

8 minutes ago, Lou said:

this has been said during every confirmation process ever.

Not by me, and I am very clearly super important. 

Seriously though, I didn't feel this way about Roberts, Alito or Gorsuch. They're all conservatives. That's only fair. There's just a distinct lack of sexual misconduct allegations against them all.

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Not by me, and I am very clearly super important. 

Seriously though, I didn't feel this way about Roberts, Alito or Gorsuch. They're all conservatives. That's only fair. There's just a distinct lack of sexual misconduct allegations against them all.

I'm talking about people who matter. you know, the media. 

5 hours ago, RallyMo said:

They've seemingly got a possible date that also lines up with Judge's Safeway employment, a list of persons present and a potential location (from Kavanaugh himself) all in a setting that lines up with Ford's testimony and... 

Lindsey Graham redirects the attention to himself immediately and we don't hear a single peep again from the career sex crimes prosecutor. 

time and place doesn't matter.

evidence of a sexual assault does. 

5 hours ago, Thomas said:

Will anybody remember this after he's confirmed?

Never Forget. 

Dems didn't get hosed here. They may sink this nomination yet with the help of Flake. He lobbed a grenade into the hearing room at the last minute today, demanding an FBI invetigation as a condition of his voting "yes".

He may have Murkowski on his side now. If McConnell ignores his request and calls for a vote this weekend, the two of them could kill this nomination if Schumer keeps his people in line. Who knows, Collins might join and that will be it for Kavanaugh.

49-51, the nomination fails.

7 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Dems didn't get hosed here. They may sink this nomination yet with the help of Flake. He lobbed a grenade into the hearing room at the last minute today, demanding an FBI invetigation as a condition of his voting "yes".

He may have Murkowski on his side now. If McConnell ignores his request and calls for a vote this weekend, the two of them could kill this nomination if Schumer keeps his people in line. Who knows, Collins might join and that will be it for Kavanaugh.

49-51, the nomination fails.

He'll only call for the nomination if he has the votes. But the Republicans didn't look to flustered during the committee vote. The Democrats looked like a middle aged white couple after losing at three-card Monte in Queens.