• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Democrats Are Wrong About Republicans. Republicans Are Wrong About Democrats.

the political climate has changed dramatically in recent years. both sides have become more dug in against the other side and ascribe blame in broad, sweeping terms ("typical GOP, all they do is . . ." "again, all the libs want to . . ."). it's become decidedly more angry, and in some case more violent, and it's reached the point where there just don't seem to be any moderates any longer. this is not something to lay only at the feet of the our current POTUS, though he has certainly added to it and his followers feel empowered to act out brazenly.

i think the 2020 campaign is going to be one of the worst campaigns we'll ever witness, worse even than 2016. it'll somehow be even worse if hilary runs again and wins the nomination.

i hate the current political climate, and i don't see it coming to an end any time soon, if ever.

21 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I still believe a majority of Americans are moderates but they are drowned out by the loud noised of the extremes.  This also has led to many of them checking out of the political process altogether.

agreed. maybe it just seems that the loud voices are just that much louder these days, but people are definitely more aggressive, too.

42 minutes ago, Tank said:

i think the 2020 campaign is going to be one of the worst campaigns we'll ever witness, worse even than 2016. it'll somehow be even worse if hilary runs again and wins the nomination.

If by worst, you mean the most exciting, fulfilling event in the history of mankind, I totally agree!

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

That's an interesting way to describe nuclear apocalypse. 

A nuclear apocalypse would certainly be exciting...

Fulfilling? That's perhaps dependent on one's point of view, or whether one is instantly incinerated or dies a slow death from radiation exposure/cancer/starvation from nuclear winter.

8 minutes ago, Adam said:

I haven't. It's on my list. I must have 50 books at home I intended read. Damn kids. 

kids don't seem to keep you from posting on AW or watching Star Wars movies.

next you'll be posting the the video game thread 

5 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I still believe a majority of Americans are moderates but they are drowned out by the loud noised of the extremes.  This also has led to many of them checking out of the political process altogether.

It's becoming less and less moderate because being moderate doesn't get you thousands of retweets on twitter..

8 hours ago, Thomas said:

That's an interesting way to describe nuclear apocalypse. 

the nuclear apocalypse would certainly last a lot shorter than trumpy v. hilary II.

it'd probably be a lot less painful, too.

On 6/27/2018 at 8:59 AM, Tank said:

the political climate has changed dramatically in recent years. both sides have become more dug in against the other side and ascribe blame in broad, sweeping terms ("typical GOP, all they do is . . ." "again, all the libs want to . . ."). it's become decidedly more angry, and in some case more violent, and it's reached the point where there just don't seem to be any moderates any longer. this is not something to lay only at the feet of the our current POTUS, though he has certainly added to it and his followers feel empowered to act out brazenly.

i hate the current political climate, and i don't see it coming to an end any time soon, if ever.

I cant help but feel the real genesis of this was the abandonment of issues and the adoption of identity politics and zealotry. 

Some of you wont like this next statement but I personally do blame the Dems for the popularization of this.  They didnt run Obama on merit, they ran him on his demographics, they did the same thing with Hillary.  The Dems to me havent really had a platform going back to Kerry where they lost and decided to change tactics.   This has now created an entire generation of millennial that dont understand that politics isnt race/sex based. 

2020 will be terrible in every possible way no matter who wins, but i dont know if it can be changed at this point, we cant undo the last 16 years of political climate in one cycle and so far all im seeing is more amplification of it instead of scaling back. 

2020 is shaping up to be the pussy hats vs the bibles, with the rest of us stuck in the middle screaming WTF is going on. .  

On 6/27/2018 at 9:14 AM, mtangelsfan said:

I agree, but noone wants to talk to us or care about us, only the extremes are given a voice either for ratings or political agenda driven reasons.
The so-called news media is nothing more than another scripted television show at this point telling us what to think not what happened.  
We are in desperate need of a viable third party in my opinion, let the extremist left be the Dems, let the bible thumping right be the Reps, give the rest of us a third party that isnt extremist, they would get my vote..