• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

School fundraisers

my wife reminded me that when she was our school secretary, she cleaned up selling pencils. kids couldn't buy them fast enough. will probably do something like that that's cheap and always available, plus a few other things. 

i appreciate everyone's contributions. i'm making a list and will include several ideas from here and my facebook page.

18 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Krispy kreme does some cool school fundraiser stuff....  I forget what I paid but it was a plastic card with puncholes for a dozen donuts once a month or for ten dozen total with the purchase of a dozen...  Pretty much everyone in the office bought a few of them.   

that's.... a lot of donuts.

5 hours ago, halomatt said:

Can you run an after-school dance and run a snack bar?  Our clubs make some decent money off of the dances.  We hire a DJ and still make profit. 

How about hitting up your PTA/PTSA? 

Any grant opportunities through your affiliations? 

good ideas, except we're adventists, and adventists don't dance.

i'm considering selling healthy snacks during our morning snack break. probably be able to make a few bucks there.

our PTA . . . hmm, may be worth considering. Not aware of grant options but plan on hitting up some of our vendors and see about donations. thanks.

I went on a school trip to DC in 1967, after my sixth grade year. I still have the itinerary from the trip, to date the only time that I have been to Washington. Great memories from that trip. The first place that we went when the train arrived was to DC Stadium for a game between the Red Sox and Senators, the first time that I had seen a regular season MLB game in person.

When we were involved in Boy Scouts they did once a year popcorn sales. It was sponsored through BSA so it had its own logistics for sales and distribution. You would have to find a popcorn fundraiser company to work through. 

It's a no money down setup. You get the order forms and after a predetermined sales period you submit the order with the money collected. The downside is no point of purchase sales to people you won't see again since you have no stock on hand and those that did order popcorn have to pick it up or you deliver. 

@Tank my wife says a Jog a Thon is the biggest fundraiser that the only cost is printing forms. They make anywhere from $1,000 - 1,500 per classroom per event and that is from a low income neighborhood. She will send you the pdf forms if you want.

Edited by Blarg

2cd07026956e646708ad54ec888db043.jpg

My brother stood outside of Hugh's Aircraft in Fullerton selling newspapers to the engineers getting off work. Made good money at the time and always sold his stack. That job and Hugh's aircraft are long gone.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

@Tank my wife says a Jog a Thon is the biggest fundraiser that the only cost is printing forms. They make anywhere from $1,000 - 1,500 per classroom per event and that is from a low income neighborhood. She will send you the pdf forms if you want.

Our school already does a jog-a-thon, and it hasn't done all that well. Plus, I don't really want to compete with current fundraisers run by administration or our PTA, so no cookie dough or cheesecake fundraisers, either.

When my wife was the school secretary, she used to sell pencils, the fancy colored never crazy design ones. She did pretty darn well with that, so I'm leaning towards that as an option.

I'm grateful for the good ideas offered in this thread, everyone.

6 hours ago, Blarg said:

2cd07026956e646708ad54ec888db043.jpg

My brother stood outside of Hugh's Aircraft in Fullerton selling newspapers to the engineers getting off work. Made good money at the time and always sold his stack. That job and Hugh's aircraft are long gone.

Like when ray liotta was a kid and got pipped selling cigs to people after work.

Another suggestion is E Waste collection. It's a recyling fundraiser where all you do is contact the recycling company and they give you fliers and banners. On the specified date they show up with the collection truck with scales and your parents bring all their dead computers, tvs, stereo equipment, batteries and such and they handle the rest. You can easily make a couple grand or more with house cleaning. After Christmas is a good time to plan one, all the old stuff usually gets pitched then.