• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

School fundraisers

I'm leading a group of students to Washington, D.C. next spring, and it's  a pretty expensive trip. I'm trying to plan some fundraisers to help with the costs and was wondering about interesting/good/effective fundraisers you've experienced before that you would recommend.

Our school policy doesn't encourage candy sales so I'd like to stay away from those.

so whaddaya got?

Raffle.  anyone will be raffle tickets.  Don't make them too expensive.  $5 each of 5 for $20.  Most people will just go for the $20.

If you can get your prizes donated then every dollar is profit.

We also do cookie dough sales and that works pretty good.

Call In N Out Burger and see if they will come to your school for back to school night or open house.  I believe you can charge whatever you’d like and pay INO whatever the cost is, the school keeps the difference.  1-800-786-1000.  Tell them you are interested in trying to book the cookout trailer for your school for a fundraising event.  I am not positive it will work out, because that isn’t my department, but it is something to look into.  Oh and Jackasses only one truck sells fries, the rest sell potato chips.  

51 minutes ago, OCAngelsNotLAA said:

A 50/50 raffle is a good way to raise money without having any items to raffle off. Another plus is if one of the parents wins they might just donate their winnings to the trip too.  

FTR, i work at a conservative christian school that believes playing the lottery is equivalent to gambling, something i could actually get fired for. Not debating the rightness or wrongness of that, a 50/50 lottery is completely out of the question.

even having a raffle is questionable on our campus (though i do like this idea a lot).

3 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Raffle.  anyone will be raffle tickets.  Don't make them too expensive.  $5 each of 5 for $20.  Most people will just go for the $20.

If you can get your prizes donated then every dollar is profit.

We also do cookie dough sales and that works pretty good.

our school already does cookie dough sales and cheesecake sales, so that would put me in direct competition with administration, so that's out. we also do a magazine campaign and we sell gift wrap for our class trips every spring.

i've reached out on facebook and am getting some good feedback/ideas there and hope there will be some good contributions here as well.

we're getting a new administrator this coming year so i'll see how he/she feels about a raffle. thinking i'll probably sell popsicles after school in august and september while the weather's still warm.

11 hours ago, Tank said:

I'm leading a group of students to Washington, D.C. next spring, and it's  a pretty expensive trip. I'm trying to plan some fundraisers to help with the costs and was wondering about interesting/good/effective fundraisers you've experienced before that you would recommend.

Our school policy doesn't encourage candy sales so I'd like to stay away from those.

so whaddaya got?

How does your school feel about prostitution? 

we've made bandanas with our school logo, and sold them for a pretty decent profit.

my club makes most of its money from running concessions at football games, though. clubs rotate. not sure if that's an option for you. 

good luck. 

3 hours ago, Tank said:

FTR, i work at a conservative christian school that believes playing the lottery is equivalent to gambling, something i could actually get fired for. Not debating the rightness or wrongness of that, a 50/50 lottery is completely out of the question.

even having a raffle is questionable on our campus (though i do like this idea a lot).

If your school is going to cut off your best options, that doesn't leave much else.

I don't see candy sales much anymore, although on occasion someone will bring some to work to sell on behalf of a child. There is a large concentration of people, and it spares the kid from having to go door to door.

I don't know if you can arrange this, but local Boy Scouts sell a card that contains discounts from a number of local businesses (usually a percentage off goods and/or services). The discounts are good for one year. If I recall correctly, the cards sell for $10.

Krispy kreme does some cool school fundraiser stuff....  I forget what I paid but it was a plastic card with puncholes for a dozen donuts once a month or for ten dozen total with the purchase of a dozen...  Pretty much everyone in the office bought a few of them.   

Edited by Inside Pitch

4 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Krispy kreme does some cool school fundraiser stuff....  I forget what I paid but it was a plastic card with puncholes for a dozen donuts once a month or for ten dozen total with the purchase of a dozen...  Pretty much everyone in the office bought a few of them.   

i did it once with actual donuts, not a punch card. 

had to be 20+ dozen

i had kids do a voucher thing where people could pick up their donuts on a saturday outside a local grocery store

11 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

i did it once with actual donuts, not a punch card. 

had to be 20+ dozen

i had kids do a voucher thing where people could pick up their donuts on a saturday outside a local grocery store

How did it go?  The kids that came into our office absolutely cleaned up...   I checked the KK website and I guess they are called BOGO cards.   

8 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

How did it go?  The kids that came into our office absolutely cleaned up...   I checked the KK website and I guess they are called BOGO cards.   

good profit, but a lot of work for me

if i do it again, i'll get parents to help

i'd be more likely to do the card thing you described, so thanks for that. krispy kreme actually isn't all that popular at my school since the only one nearby is 20 minutes away. that's a long way for rural people, lol.