• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

At LB Beachwood this Wed @ 6pm:

We're throwing a Colossal party to celebrate our GABF Mid-Size Brewpub of the Year honors with our friends at the GABF Mid-Size Brewery of the Year; Firestone Walker Brewing Co. Medal winning beers from both breweries will be available as well as special beers and a Beachwood Brewing Cask. Also we're gonna be smoking up some delicious BBQ on wood from retired Firestone-Walker Barrels.

Firestone Tap Line-Up:
Firestone 17th Anniversary
Succaba '13
Parabola '13
Double DBA '13
Velvet Merkin '13
Stickee Monkey
Barrelworks Agrestic
Pivo Pils
Wookey Jack
Union Jack

Since I bought a turkey fryer for Thanksgiving this year I'm going to attempt to brew my own beer with it soon. I'm thinking I'll take a trip down to O'Shea's in Laguna Niguel. Has anyone purchased one of their mixes before?

My buddy has and I helped him brew. One batch turned out pretty well. The other wasn't carbonated. I'm sure it was user error.

Since I bought a turkey fryer for Thanksgiving this year I'm going to attempt to brew my own beer with it soon. I'm thinking I'll take a trip down to O'Shea's in Laguna Niguel. Has anyone purchased one of their mixes before?

I think you should put this in the homebrew thread!

The first kit I put together was from Addison's. Two weeks in the fermenter is about done and I move it to bottles this weekend!

I can help you out, let me know the area you live at and I will let you know where to go. If you have a specific liquor store that you go to let me know.

Total Wine, Bevmo and Whole Foods does carry Pecan and Double Trunk.

Thanks James. I usually go to Total Wine in Rancho Cuca, so I will look for it there this weekend.

Saw Double Bastard and Enjoy By 12 13 13 at Trader Joes today (Haven, off the 210). Tried Kona Pipeline Porter the other day and its my new favorite right now.

Edited by ELEVEN

Eleven, if you live out in Rancho you should start hitting up Liquorama in Upland. Its behind the Dennys by the High School. I believe they are or are going to be carrying Dudes. Always glance at the bottles behind the counter first to see what limited releases he has. It isn't the best store but really solid. Lone Hill in Glendora is probably the best one up that way. Smaller store but packed with good stuff and he gets most releases. There is also Red Carpet on 19th and Carnelian. Pretty good store as well, a bit more of a hit and miss. You can get all the "standard" craft beers there and they seem to get in some of the one offs.

Eleven, if you live out in Rancho you should start hitting up Liquorama in Upland. Its behind the Dennys by the High School. I believe they are or are going to be carrying Dudes. Always glance at the bottles behind the counter first to see what limited releases he has. It isn't the best store but really solid. Lone Hill in Glendora is probably the best one up that way. Smaller store but packed with good stuff and he gets most releases. There is also Red Carpet on 19th and Carnelian. Pretty good store as well, a bit more of a hit and miss. You can get all the "standard" craft beers there and they seem to get in some of the one offs.

Going to Lone Hill Liquor for the first time if you're a beer enthusiast is like the scene when the kids first get inside Willy Wonka's chocolate factory

Thanks! I'm gonna check all of em out. 19th & Carnellian is real convenient for me so I'll start there. Edited by ELEVEN

Yesterday I had the Valiant Jericho Imperial IPA, outstanding. Noble Tongue Tickles may be my new favorite for Double IPA's although I have a feeling this will be scarce soon due to demand. Really enjoying Modern Times Blazing World quite a bit as well. I have had a few growler fills of Golden Road Better Weather and it was outstanding, a guy brought some by yesterday and it was not the same as it seemed to have lost its freshness. He filled the growler an hour beforehand, I am hoping they didn't brew such a large batch and it isn't holding up well but it may indeed be the case. 

Blood Orange was brewed Thursday. Still not canning the Blood Orange this go around. The demand for it is through the roof so if you see it on tap, dont hesitate and give it a try as it will probably go quickly. 

Phantom Carriage just signed a lease on a spot in Carson near the StubHub Center. Can't wait to see them up and running and pumping out more beer, They are using totes for fermentation which is pretty cool. 

Russian River is releasing Beatification December 14th. 12 Bottle Limit $18 each

I will be doing the road trip. Might have 2 extra spots in the car if anyone wants to come along!

Not sure if I can pull that drive off due to my schedule but I would like to. You going to make a weekend of it? 

Was going to stop at a few places possibly. Honestly haven't planned anything. Just found out what's behind door number 2 this morning! Was hoping the Beat release would be in January to stop by The Rare Barrel to try some of their stuff out.

There's probably people already setting up tents and setting up people to be mules.

My buddy just let me know they started selling their BCBS at TW Tustin today. I grabbed a pack. Get there soon because they are already down to 2 cases. $21.99 for a 4 pack and one 4 pack limit.

They have any of the variants?

Anyone going to the Pizza Port Strong Ale Festival next weekend in Carlsbad? I will be there Friday for the VIP and night session. Should be a great time. 

I should be going but might not be. Kind of sad since I can walk there in 5 minutes.