• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

They're going to have southern charred on tap next week for bastard bash so I'm hopefully going to try it then

http://www.stonebrew.com/calendar/default.asp?intEventsID=3398#3398

They're doing growler fills of it and only have one keg. I'm sure it will go fast unless they change their mind. I know I will be there right at 2 to get my fill. Don't even want to know what they will charge for a fill when it's $18 for 500ml. If they keep the same price per ounce it would be $72 for a 2 liter fill!

The Whiskey barrel aged Double Bastard looks interesting too.

Opened a Stone Southern Charred last night. Safe to say I will be buying more today. I think it's one of the best Stone beers they have done to date. The blend was perfect.

Picked up one of these yesterday. Not really a big fan of barrel aged beers, but I love the Arrogant Bastard beers so i wanted to give this a try. 

Talked to the guy at Stone Oceanside last night when I got a fill of Enjoy By and he said that the Southern Charred on Monday will be $23 for a growler fill. Not too bad. I might just fill the litre growler though and try a couple more of the Bastards that they're gonna have. If it's still there that is.

Talked to the guy at Stone Oceanside last night when I got a fill of Enjoy By and he said that the Southern Charred on Monday will be $23 for a growler fill. Not too bad. I might just fill the litre growler though and try a couple more of the Bastards that they're gonna have. If it's still there that is.

Is that for a 2 liter or 1? If it's 2 that's an insane deal considering a half liter bottle was $18. Even 1 liter is a good deal.

I might do a 1 Liter of Charred then try the Rye Whiskey Barrel Bastard and if I like that get a 1 of that as well.

Is that for a 2 liter or 1? If it's 2 that's an insane deal considering a half liter bottle was $18. Even 1 liter is a good deal.

I might do a 1 Liter of Charred then try the Rye Whiskey Barrel Bastard and if I like that get a 1 of that as well.

Pretty sure it's for the 2 liter because that's what I was filling at the time when I asked. That keg is gonna go quick. I might have to take a late lunch and head out there so I can get some.

Already picked up two bottles at lunch. They had plenty at both of my local spots. 

Lucky you. It's a really great vintage. IMO the best since 13.

One of my friends picked me up one yesterday at WF Newport and another friend is giving me one of his from the release party for my birthday. I picked one up at Total Wine Tustin but got really lucky. I got the 3rd to last bottle there. I normally would have gone at lunch but had to run to the bank for work this morning and our bank is right by the TW so I made it a two for one errand. Had I waited until lunch I would probably have missed out.

I'm giving one of my bottles to a buddy for his birthday who is just getting into craft beer and starting a cellar.

Some of the OC Costco's have Sam Adam's elusive Utopias...$150.00 a bottle, which is a great price. I paid way more in 2009. As of this afternoon, they were available in Irvine, Huntington Beach, San Juan Capistrano, The District (Tustin), Tustin Ranch, and Crown Valley Parkway. Each location got 6 bottles, so may not have any left by now, but if anyone is interested in hunting some down...good luck!

Had The Dudes Grandma's Pecan brown ale last night. I'm a fan of brown ales and thought this was a great compliment to my Slaters burger. I will have to keep my eye out for this beer now.

I also picked up a bottle of Sam Adams Tetravis. Don't know much about it, but the ingredients on the label sold me. Looks like a great winter sipping beer.

Edited by mancini79

Had The Dudes Grandma's Pecan brown ale last night. I'm a fan of brown ales and thought this was a great compliment to my Slaters burger. I will have to keep my eye out for this beer now.

I also picked up a bottle of Sam Adams Tetravis. Don't know much about it, but the ingredients on the label sold me. Looks like a great winter sipping beer.

Me too! Let me know where it turns up.

Me too! Let me know where it turns up.

I can help you out, let me know the area you live at and I will let you know where to go. If you have a specific liquor store that you go to let me know. 

Total Wine, Bevmo and Whole Foods does carry Pecan and Double Trunk. 

Faction Brewing is one to watch out for. Had their Winter IPA yesterday at the LA IPA Fest and it was outstanding. Great event, they were doing a judging so all the beers had to be between 6-8%. Talked to Tony for a bit and he is considering a Double IPA fest which would be awesome. 

Afterward, we headed back over to Redondo to get to Quality Seafood for the Dudes Brewing Even. .60 cent Grandmas Pecan and 4.00 pitchers to celebrate the establishments 60th anniversary. Met a lot of great people who were being exposed to the beer for the first time, great response.

Finished the night over at Suzy's Rajin Cajun in Hermosa with the crew. Great food and a decent beer list, nothing out of this world. We ordered 2 pitchers of Grandmas and they brought us out a pitcher saying it kicked and that they would bring us out more once the new keg was hooked up. Funny thing was that it was way too light and obviously not Grandmas. I guess the bartender saw us walk in and was just giving us Stone IPA but the waitress didnt understand what he told her. Pretty funny though when Jeff called her out on the mix up. Couldn't get much worse than misrepresenting a beer to the guy who created the brew.