• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

Loving this Double Trunk. On my 2nd one.

It is a damn good beer. Be careful though it puts you on your ass. 

Jeff, the head brewer, made some pilot batches. The Imperial Red is so damn good. Cant wait till that is canned next year. Another one pushing 11%

Edited by James

HD, you need to plan sometime to come down to the South Bay and we can sit back and enjoy all of the beers on tap at the brewery. Blood Orange is coming around soon once again which is really good.

Absolutely. So far have only had the (a taster of) grandmas pecan and now this and have been impressed with both.

Yeah noticed it was 10.8%. Well worth $11 for the 4pk.

Whole Foods has sold it for 9.99 for awhile but now at 10.99. Soon you will see it much easier out there. I can walk into any local Bevmo/Total Wine and see it there. Of course I don't purchase but I have sold a few to others as I shop for beer. I have heard nothing but outstanding feedback. Strand Brewing may be slapping themselves for letting Jeff go a few years back Especially considering their flagship beer was his brew, 24th St Pale Ale. 

Right now there are only cans for Grandmas and DT but Koaschtal Eddy and Grinning Face Porter are coming very soon. Next year Uncle Toby's Pale Ale will be canned too. 

Sorry I didn't make it out there, Epic. My friend got caught at work and we didn't even get to the Bruery until almost 7. Both of us needed to eat as well. 

Got to try the 2013 Black Tuesday. It's an excellent beer. I thought the 2012 was also excellent but this is better. Even fresh it's not as hot as the 2012, which I thought was the only drawback of the 2012. If you can get yourself a taste or bottle of it, do it. It's worth the money. Also for anyone going up there bring a couple cans of food. You can get access to Cuir (the anniversary ale before Bois) and other rarities on tap if you donate can(s). 

Last night for beer week we went to Breakwater for Karl Strauss night and had the 24th anniversary flanders-style ale (a yummy sour) and the Big Barrel double IPA, which was super hoppy but didn't have a lingering bitterness. So good. That was night 6 (in a row) of Beer Week events :rolleyes:

I couldn't be more of the opposite on the other 2. Crime & Punishment. Last time they made them I tried Crime and couldn't even finish a taster sized glass. That is my only Drain Pour I've ever had. Pepper beers are not my thing at all. And those are extreme pepper beers.

If you like Barrel Aged beers Southern Charred is up you alley. Not one flavor from the barrels is overwhelming. They balanced everything perfectly in my opinion.

Went to Stone yesterday and picked up a Southern Charred based on the recs on this board. Looking forward to trying it. 

Also got to try all the IRS versions they had on tap. All vintages from 03-13 and some barrel aged variants. That was a big vertical.

Finally, I got to try the newest Enjoy by. It was a really good batch. Pretty piney.