• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

Agree Aarron, most of us know how badly people want these beers and do the right thing. My cousin owns a craft beer spot in Visalia so I am heading up Saturday with kegs of dudes so I am getting paid to go. He also designed all logos for Dudes. He is having a Russian River tap takeover on Saturday. Sunday we are going to head to Kern

What place in Visalia? Up until a year ago, there wasn't much for craft in that town. Franks & Son's does carry bottled beers, but craft tap isn't easy to find. Brewbakers downtown isn't bad, but limited.  They do make a great Stout. Whenever I visit my parents, I bring up my own beer.

What place in Visalia? Up until a year ago, there wasn't much for craft in that town. Franks & Son's does carry bottled beers, but craft tap isn't easy to find. Brewbakers downtown isn't bad, but limited.  They do make a great Stout. Whenever I visit my parents, I bring up my own beer.

Not a fan of Brewbakers and I have given the place a few chances. There are a couple better places in Visalia. One is Pita Kabob on Mooney and another location on Walnut. They have like eight taps and they are all craft. For the area it is pretty good. 

My cousins spot is the Planing Mill on E Main, a block or so above Brewbakers. Good pizza and a quality spot for craft beer. Actually three of my cousins work there. Two are part owners, one financial and the other is the chef. 

http://www.planingmillpizza.com/

Anyone dealing with the Black Tuesday debacle going on right now with The Bruery? 

Glad I don't have too! Buddy in reserve let me buy a couple of his allocation, I do want another bottle and gave up pretty quickly today. I had enough of a fun time ordering Duck Duck Gooze.

Glad I don't have too! Buddy in reserve let me buy a couple of his allocation, I do want another bottle and gave up pretty quickly today. I had enough of a fun time ordering Duck Duck Gooze.

I am doing the same thing as my buddy has a membership as well so I gave up as well. Pretty sad that these breweries aren't more prepared and The Bruery already did a test run so one would think they would have fixed the major issues. 

They did 2 test runs, and the 2nd was worse than the first! The demand is insane, they need to bite the bullet and go with a proven eCommerce solution instead of going to the lowest bidder.

Amazon could handle it no problem. Brown Paper Tickets has been pretty solid these days too.

Honestly the lottery is probably the best way to do it to avoid the overload. I was talking to the owner of Kern and he was saying that he thought it went well but the one thing he will do different is to have everyone enter their CC info so when they win the charge just goes through. He had a number of people back out but he had to wait until the last second to contact the wait list which became another issue. I guess next Monday morning they are putting the left overs out on a first come first serve basis which allows locals to grab some still. 

Happy to report I have finally found a concert venue that has great beers on tap. Went to the Shrine last night and they had Angel City, Eagle Rock, Golden Road and El Segundo on tap. 

El Segundo White Dog IPA and Angel City Angeleno IPA paired well with The Avett Bothers.

Brandon, gatropubs are doing quite a bit of pairing dinners these days. Smog City does them quite often. I find it funny as well, I just go to Beachwood and have beer with my dinner, it pairs well. 

The Bootleg theatre has Eagle Rock, Golden Road and Bootleggers at the bar, among others.

Edited by ELEVEN

Four Peaks Kilt Lifter, a spring training favorite, took a medal as well. Their Hop Knot picked up a medal as well. 

I just got back from Phoenix. Picked up 2 cases of Kilt Lifter at a Costco, and visited Papago brewery in Scottsdale too. Great selection in addition to their own stuff. Brought home a growler of Orange Blossom, a wheat ale that tastes like a creamsicle bar, and a growler of Elsie's Coffee Brown. Good stuff!

James, wasn't Eagle Rock the one we had at Baldwin's that had some kind of flower based beer we found piney and disgusting?

Nope that is Craftsman which is a great brewery and just opened a tap room. Weird stuff but most is good. The Poppyfields not so much though. 

Eagle Rock is a bit overrated in my opinion. There new Sour is good but the IPA and others are lacking. 

I just got back from Phoenix. Picked up 2 cases of Kilt Lifter at a Costco, and visited Papago brewery in Scottsdale too. Great selection in addition to their own stuff. Brought home a growler of Orange Blossom, a wheat ale that tastes like a creamsicle bar, and a growler of Elsie's Coffee Brown. Good stuff!

Orange Blossom is the best beer in Phoenix. I love Kilt Lifter too. 

I just said Eagle Rock is overrated but I did have their cask of Creamsicle at 38 degrees last weekend which was much in line with Papago. 

Nope that is Craftsman which is a great brewery and just opened a tap room. Weird stuff but most is good. The Poppyfields not so much though.

Eagle Rock is a bit overrated in my opinion. There new Sour is good but the IPA and others are lacking.

haha. poppyfields.