• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

I was talking to Jay and Rich about the weekend and they were saying that AC Golden stole the show with their sour beers. It is going to be interesting to see what happens with the sour market now that Coors has jumped in the ring. Coors can kill the market since they have a building of temperature controlled spaces where these craft beer breweries have limited space of course. Then to top it off they went and bought Cantillon barrels to age the beer. 

Waiting for a box of beers to arrive from CO that they shipped back to me. Can't wait for some Funkwerks, one of these years I am going to get out there for the festival. 

I didn't try any of their beers while there, I usually go for breweries I've never heard of when I'm there.

Funkwerks reminded me of Bootlegger's old tasting room, really cool vibe!  I def want to go out there when it's not GABF, so many places/events to visit in such little time.  I think it's worth going that week even if you don't go to the actual fest itself.

Had a bottle of Allagash Curieaux last night. Yum yum.

If anyone likes bourbon barrel aged beers that don't leave you feeling like you have undigested wood in your belly, try the Allagash or White Oak from the Bruery, another tasty bourbon brew.

Went to El Segundo yesterday for a cask of Pog Dog. He took the White Dog IPA and poured POG (passion fruit, orange and guava) juice from Hawaii in it. Excellent beer. Also found out that on Saturday Hop Tanker will be bottled. I think it is their best IPA yet, a very subtle DIPA. 

Planning on heading over to The Bruery to pick up 6 Geese which came out today. 

Am I the only one here that ended up entering the Citra lottery? Emails on who won are supposed to come today. If I get the 12 bottles I am hoping for I would be willing to move a few either via trade or cash. 

San Diego Beer Week is fast approaching and I am hoping to go to quite a few more events this year than I did last year. I'll most likely be kicking it off with Russian River Night in Encinitas the Friday is starts and then the Brewer's Guild Fest the next day. I'll probably hit up a couple more events during the week too.

I am strongly considering doing the Brewer's Guild Fest. Depends on what happens with Citra though since I will be having to drive up there either next weekend or that weekend to get my bottles. I will be down there for a few of the events. I want to go to the Acoustic Ales Event and the Beer Night at the Museum with Hess, Modern Times, Saint Archer and Ballast on the 6th