• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

Happy to report I have finally found a concert venue that has great beers on tap. Went to the Shrine last night and they had Angel City, Eagle Rock, Golden Road and El Segundo on tap. 

El Segundo White Dog IPA and Angel City Angeleno IPA paired well with The Avett Bothers.

Brandon, gatropubs are doing quite a bit of pairing dinners these days. Smog City does them quite often. I find it funny as well, I just go to Beachwood and have beer with my dinner, it pairs well. 

Today Monkish releases their first ever bottle at the tap room. Looking forward to picking up one or two. Honestly, I think Henry is going to really blow up as the bottle production increases. There isnt a better Belgium style brewery in California. 

Hey spencer, do they still have the whole wheat pizza? Are we talking about the same place? Near the post office?

No idea on the whole wheat, but it's def the same place.

Apparently the previous owner (Bobby, the dude with the wild hair) sold the restaurant to some out of state asshole who ran it into the ground (new menu, new decor, bad attitude).

After a few months of zero business, it was sold again, this time to a former employee, who apparently restored the old menu and ingredients.

Happy to report I have finally found a concert venue that has great beers on tap. Went to the Shrine last night and they had Angel City, Eagle Rock, Golden Road and El Segundo on tap. 

El Segundo White Dog IPA and Angel City Angeleno IPA paired well with The Avett Bothers.

Brandon, gatropubs are doing quite a bit of pairing dinners these days. Smog City does them quite often. I find it funny as well, I just go to Beachwood and have beer with my dinner, it pairs well.

The owner of eagle rock is a bills fan! Remember?

In local beer news, the Anaheim Brewery will be on tap at the Honda Center.

There's going to be a trial run starting soon, and based on how well it sells (probably during Ducks games), their beer will be available at a larger number of vendors at the arena.

The owners are super stoked, but shitting themselves at the same time, lol.

Sounds like booting Aramark was the right decision. One can only hope that the stadium brings in a bunch of local craft brew as well.

James, get hop diggity at Mother Earth today. See if they also still have the SDBW special release that they had Friday, it was a wet hopped IPA called something along the lines of "wet dreams"

I got Hop Diggity, Belching Beaver Dam IIPA and Peanut Butter Stout, as well as Rip Current Lupulin Lust  The Rip Current IIPA was awesome but they arent doing growler fills this close to beer week on that. Their Apricot Saison and Vanilla Chocolate Porter were also awesome. Went to Pizza Port San Clemente and had a pitcher of their fresh hop IIPA which was pretty great as well. 

I went to Denver this past weekend for GABF.  Friday went to a bunch of breweries including:

New Belgium, Odell, Oskar Blues, Lefthand, Funkwerks, and Crooked Stave.  So much good beer in Colorado!  Got to grab a beer off of the bottling line at New Belgium, which was awesome.

I was talking to Jay and Rich about the weekend and they were saying that AC Golden stole the show with their sour beers. It is going to be interesting to see what happens with the sour market now that Coors has jumped in the ring. Coors can kill the market since they have a building of temperature controlled spaces where these craft beer breweries have limited space of course. Then to top it off they went and bought Cantillon barrels to age the beer. 

Waiting for a box of beers to arrive from CO that they shipped back to me. Can't wait for some Funkwerks, one of these years I am going to get out there for the festival. 

Edited by James

Was able to pick up tickets to Lost Abbey's Barrel Night. Sold out in under a minute. Super excited to be going to this finally!

"Veritas 012 will be a Kriek - blend of blond sours with cherries. Similar profile to our 2011 Cable Car Kriek"

Sounds like a great beer if it's close to Cable Car Kriek, I've always wanted to try it but it's so rare I knew I'd have no chance.