• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

Because of LT's mention I grabbed the Heretic Evil Twin. Good beer.

Had a RuinTen because it was the last one at Liqourama.

Sofie which is a great Belgian that I don't think I mentioned to Splint earlier. One of my favorites very similar to Tremens.

We also had the Shipyard Smashing Pumpkin which I liked. Sweeter than expected, but I liked it better than the Bootleggers pumpkin beer.

I look forward to the fall for the Smashing Pumpkin. In my opinion it's the best pumpkin beer out there. Surprisingly smooth for over 9% alcohol. Picked up my first bottle on Saturday but since I'm sick, haven't enjoyed it yet.

I saw a Bootlegger 80th anniversary ale. It was a corked bottle and never seen it before. Anyone have any info on this?

I look forward to the fall for the Smashing Pumpkin. In my opinion it's the best pumpkin beer out there. Surprisingly smooth for over 9% alcohol. Picked up my first bottle on Saturday but since I'm sick, haven't enjoyed it yet.

I saw a Bootlegger 80th anniversary ale. It was a corked bottle and never seen it before. Anyone have any info on this?

Its their 5th anniversary ale and called 80, I didnt like it really. 

Pumpkin beers out here suck compared to the east coast. My favorite shipment from Pittsburgh is this time of year because they get amazing fall beers that never make it here.

Almanac Heirloom Pumpkin Barleywine was fantastic. A second batch is hitting stores right now if anyone missed out it's well worth the price.

Have some Southern tier Pumpking and Cigar City Good Gourd coming in a trade. Always heard good things about those.

Great to hear about the Almanac. I've got a bottle I've been waiting to try but it wasn't crisp enough outside for a pumpkin beer.

Aaron, we need to talk because I have a solid group that we send beer to. Kind of a trade group but not really. We just send beers we think each would like. I tend to send more IPAs then anything else but they would love other stuff. I do send them Bruery stuff and Alesmith quite a bit but I am sure you could join the group and be happy happy happy. I have a guy in Michigan, girl in Pittsburgh, another in Chicago, one in Boston and a guy in Atlanta. Works out pretty well although I am the only one on the West Coast. Really need someone in the Pacific Northwest. 

This is a really good batch of enjoy by. If you haven't tried it yet you should soon. Oceanside store said all their kegs are on tap and should only last another day or two and then that's it.

It is one of the best for sure. Wish I had more than a couple bottles

Aaron, we need to talk because I have a solid group that we send beer to. Kind of a trade group but not really. We just send beers we think each would like. I tend to send more IPAs then anything else but they would love other stuff. I do send them Bruery stuff and Alesmith quite a bit but I am sure you could join the group and be happy happy happy. I have a guy in Michigan, girl in Pittsburgh, another in Chicago, one in Boston and a guy in Atlanta. Works out pretty well although I am the only one on the West Coast. Really need someone in the Pacific Northwest. 

Sounds good, I also want to get a regular trader from Cigar City. Not sure what I can contribute that you can't get though.

I don't know if you have any Total Wines in your area, but apparently they got a decent amount, and sell it for $5.50.

They have been getting the last couple in good numbers. Whole Foods El Segundo has it as well. My bottom shelf of my fridge is literally full of beer which is why I only bought two. The last couple releases have just been solid and not great so I was expecting the same but this one is in line with the 7-4 release. 

Sounds good, I also want to get a regular trader from Cigar City. Not sure what I can contribute that you can't get though.

It is more volume as many times something comes out here and they all want it. It get expensive for me to buy a handful of bottles on top of what I want for myself. 

They were begging for an Expo, wouldn't send any though. It is just too good for me to send out. 

I have a confession to make.

I finally set foot in a Fresh and Easy next to me for the first time about a week or two ago. They have this beer there from Wisconsin called Underworld. They have a 8.5% double for $1.99. It's not good, but not too bad to drink. I bought it on a whim thinking it would be terrible at the price point but I'm buzzed for the price of a Ruination. They also do a reg ipa, chocolate stout, and I think a reg pale.....all $1.99.

I feel like a black dude admitting he secretly has been drinking Mickeys.

There's a newish Pizza Port by my work in Carlsbad and they have an awesome lunch special. I had a Costco sized pepperoni slice, big salad, and a pint of Pizza Port's Attrition Imperial IPA (9.5 % ABV) for 7 bucks and some change. The only deal better would be $7 worth of Tina's frozen burritos.

Bressi Ranch Pizza Port? I still need to check that one out when they start brewing/canning their own beer. Also haven't made it up there because I can walk to the Pizza Port in Carlsbad Village.

The Lunch deal is awesome. Get it almost every weekend. It's $6 if you don't chose an IPA.