• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

I'm planning on leaving here around 1 tomorrow for Alpine. Wish I could find some extras to tag along to get more Expo, but I'll live with 4 bottles I guess.

I am heading down solo. Sucks but what can you do when its a Tuesday? I will be in the pub drinking pints so stop on in and hang out. If anyone want to roll down, let me know. 

I will be at the Expo release.

Visited Big Dogs this weekend. Great place but the beers were just okay. Tenaya Creek also was rather average but they do make a good dipa.

Freakin Frog is still highly overrated. They had Ninkasi Babylon in their walk in cooler but 44 bucks for a dipa is a freakin joke.

I did find Squatters Hop Rising, very solid.

Freakin Frog is a joke. last time I was there Enjoy By was $25. The guy working said they get 1 case of Pliny a year and its $60 a bottle.

Freakin Frog is a joke. last time I was there Enjoy By was $25. The guy working said they get 1 case of Pliny a year and its $60 a bottle.

They had all the VE series at 40-60 bucks a bottle. I wanted to give it another try since John Tafford used him as an expert for a bar rescue in Vegas. Said he was a national expert on beer. No changes, same shitty place. Truth is its just a college bar with some decent beer on their 8 taps or so. He is successful due to location not his knowledge. 

I'm definitely going to grab a pint if it's not hard to get in. Never been, and obviously never been during a release like this.

Bad Boy was fine in the pub and I was there around 4 pm on release day and stayed until 8 or so. This one will probably be busier but the earlier you get there, it shouldn't be too bad. 

Yeah, I've been to a few heavy duty liquor stores and they are probably the best, I know they are #1 on one of the popular beer websites.

They do have a great cold selection. My only gripe is a personal one where their sours are on the shelf.....but like I said personal as most people don't buy it like the Lagunitas or Stone beers.

I went into getting Expo Hoppiness thinking it was going to be good, I was blown away it was fantastic and diserves all the hype.

Think James paid my tab and I his. I owe you a few $ I think.

Ha, possibly but whatever. You can buy me a beer next time if that was indeed the case. It was an expensive Tuesday for me but worth every penny. The Expo is arguably the best triple ipa there is. I know I have a tough time justifying any other to be ranked above it. It was busy but the Alpine crew does a great job at getting the line moving. Going to be tough to make the four bottles last. 

Good ones, James started me out with Belgians....I probably still tell people Tremens is my favorite just out of habit. The Mardesous 10 is awesome.

If you like those try Mauhler 12, La Fin Du Monde, Cuvee des Trolls, and Leffe.

Belgians are usually the best way to get people exposed to good beer. Great list of beers there, Duvel Green is a personal favorite as well. 

I was looking up a beer the other day and somehow came across the ratebeer or beeradvocate top 250. Impressed with how many Alpines are towards the top.

Pat is a master that many head brewers admire. Nelson hops is the single most difficult hop to brew with yet he does so at a world class level. I wouldn't make that drive if it wasn't worth it. If you are lucky, I just may still have some Expo in the fridge when you head over here. They say they still have some bottles left to sell tomorrow, wish it wasnt so far and I didnt have accounts to take care of. Would love to pick up a couple more. 

I really wish Alpine had more distribution

So many variables go into this. While I wish it was easier to get, I would be worried about their ability to achieve their high standard at a bigger volume. I was glad when I heard they are using Green Flash just for kegs because the bottle line at Green Flash just sucks. They are also not producing Nelson out of there at all, too difficult to replicate really at that level. I don't see him expanding bottles anytime soon. I talked to him at an event at the History Center a few months back and he was saying that he worries about the water source being replicated if he moved elsewhere. Pat has pretty much retired and his son is now the main brewer so he may indeed decide to grow the company but part of me hopes they don't. 

They say they will have Expo on tap at the pub all weekend so if you couldn't make the trip down for bottles, make it down for some good food and a few pints. I will probably head back down there on Sunday and hit up a few other breweries as well.