• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

Oktoberfest is back at the Anaheim Brewery.  Yum!

In other Anaheim beer news, for those who enjoy outdoor beer festivals, on September 21st, the 2nd annual Anaheim Fest of Ales will be held in downtown Anaheim.

Their website should give you most of the details:  ocfestofales.net

There will be a 5K run, with cool obstacle course, in the morning, followed by an all-day beer tasting.

So far, there are over 30 breweries committed to the event.

A basic admission ticket will get you 10 tastes, while a VIP ticket gets you unlimited tastes, plus food pairings to go along with your suds.

You can also enter your own homemade brews into a tasting competition, in case anyone on here homebrews, or knows someone interested in competing.

Volunteers to work the booths are still in demand.  By volunteering, you will get a shirt, free tastes, and if you work the afternoon shift, once the event is over you get to finish any remaining kegs.

PM me if you feel up to the task, and I will put you in contact with the event coordinators.

live160059_beerfestbeerrunbannerweb_1.pn

I'm helping with this event, it is going to be a lot of fun!  There was a promo code for discount yesterday, if there is another, I will share it with you guys.

: )

Sucks, as we have discussed, is the best value there is. Even better is that it "ages" well. I probably ran out two months ago and the last bottle was still delicious. 

If you haven't had Smog City yet here is when a trip to Torrance is much needed:

Porter and Laurie are unearthing from the deepest recesses of their cellar (aka walk-in) to pull as many mind-blowing beers as they can for full day of barrel-aged, rare and sour Smog City beers. All beers are in 5gal kegs so it’s a first come, first serve kind of event. All of the beers will only be pouring on Saturday Sept 28th 12-8pm.

Taplist

Cask

2009 O.E.

2011 Callaborative Evil w/Vanilla Beans

Draft

Quercus Circus – 19 month sour barrel-aged belgian blonde

Tempest – 18 month barrel-aged sour red rye

Farmhouse Funk

Bourbon Collaborative Evil – 2011 Collaboration with Julian Shrago of Beachwood BBQ

Bourbon Red – 15 months in bourbon barrels

Bourbon O.E.- Bourbon barrel-aged Olde English

Bourbon Imperial Porter

Weird Beer- 5 Grain Saison with spices

Hive Five- LABW special ingredient beer! 5 different types of Honey at 5.5%abv

GrapeApe IPA- IPA made with 500lbs of flame grapes, pressed on site

Groundwork Coffee Porter

Amarilla Gorilla IPA

Little Bo Pils

L.A. Saison

LOVE Smog City!!!

I was so disappointed with Anaheim Brewery. Guess its more "old school".

I need to revisit them, their style is definitely different, mostly traditional German style of brewing/beer.

They are within walking distance of my house, but haven't been in quite awhile, my boyfriend and I were just talking about how we need to go again.

What did you have?  Their 1888 is one of the ones I like best, they have new ones on tap since I last went.

I wish I was. I want to find a couple bottles of Merkin so bad.

They put them on sale yesterday at both of Firestone's tasting rooms, so if you really want a bottle you can always head up there, I'd suggest leaving early and spending the afternoon up there, though.  Traffic was okay leaving Anaheim around 9:30, but heading back from there at 3 was horrible traffic entire way back.

The event itself was really well done.  They had food pairings for 7 of the beers available, 13 beers in all.

They were:

Velvet Merkin Imperial Oatmeal Stout 2013

Luponic Distortion IPA--had food pairing

Dos Osos IPA:  Collaboration with Revolution

PNC Buckwheat Sout aged in Tequila Barrels--had food pairing

Madagascar Vanilla Bean Robust Porter

Bretta Weiss Berliner Weiss--had food pairing

Sour Opal

Lil Opal Saison--had food pairing

Barrel 66 4 yrs aged Imperial Special Bitter

2013 Agrestic Wild Red Ale--had food pairing

Agrestic Barrel #9 Barrel Select Wild Red Ale

Parabajava Imperial Java Stout--had food pairing

Forbidden Fruit:  Pomegranate Sour Stout

And I ended my day by going to my friend's wedding where they had a keg of '07 Old Guardian.

SO GOOD.

I will be at the Expo release. 

Visited Big Dogs this weekend. Great place but the beers were just okay. Tenaya Creek also was rather average but they do make a good dipa. 

Freakin Frog is still highly overrated. They had Ninkasi Babylon in their walk in cooler but 44 bucks for a dipa is a freakin joke. 

I did find Squatters Hop Rising, very solid.