• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

Reason number 49820157.9901 on how the Angels are missing the boat on craft beer while other teams get it. 

http://flyingdogales.com/ai1ec_event/firkin-friday-with-the-orioles-9/?instance_id=356

Also, Beerfest at Petco tonight. Katie, Le Freak?

But you can buy a lemonade, er, Summer Shandy for $10 at Angel Stadium! (a small one)

I know one guy around here who is stoked by that. 

ME! And I have no shame for loving that beer. They stopped shipping Summer Shandy last week so I went to a few stores around to stock up. To my surprise, they now make an Orange Shandy! Bought a 12 pack but haven't tried it yet. I have it chilling and will try it later tonight.

ME! And I have no shame for loving that beer. They stopped shipping Summer Shandy last week so I went to a few stores around to stock up. To my surprise, they now make an Orange Shandy! Bought a 12 pack but haven't tried it yet. I have it chilling and will try it later tonight.

How many cases of Zima are squirreled away in your basement?

Oktoberfest is back at the Anaheim Brewery.  Yum!

In other Anaheim beer news, for those who enjoy outdoor beer festivals, on September 21st, the 2nd annual Anaheim Fest of Ales will be held in downtown Anaheim.
Their website should give you most of the details:  ocfestofales.net

There will be a 5K run, with cool obstacle course, in the morning, followed by an all-day beer tasting.
So far, there are over 30 breweries committed to the event.
A basic admission ticket will get you 10 tastes, while a VIP ticket gets you unlimited tastes, plus food pairings to go along with your suds.

You can also enter your own homemade brews into a tasting competition, in case anyone on here homebrews, or knows someone interested in competing.

Volunteers to work the booths are still in demand.  By volunteering, you will get a shirt, free tastes, and if you work the afternoon shift, once the event is over you get to finish any remaining kegs.
PM me if you feel up to the task, and I will put you in contact with the event coordinators.

live160059_beerfestbeerrunbannerweb_1.pn

Anyone going to Churchill's in San Marcos this weekend? They are having their sour fest. Similar list to the one at Beachwood but it will all be on one day.

I can't make it down on Saturday but I'm sure there will be plenty of delicious left overs on Sunday and it won't be crowded beyond belief.

http://churchillspub.us/2013/08/29/4th-annual-peter-eeves-memorial-sourfest/

Edited by eaterfan

I'll be there after Zwanze day at Stone, which got its event time changed to0 10-12. It's going to be a madhouse when I'm finally able to show up.

Not sure if it will be any benefit to you but if it's anything like the CFH release then you might want to wait until about 2 or 3 to show up. By then it was more like crowded restaurant than zoo and only one or two kegs got tapped out in the 12-3 window.

Am I the only one that thinks Tricerahops name is better than the actual beer?

I'm kindof in this boat. I remember it being alright, moreso to me because I'm not an ipa guy, but it didn't seem to separate itself from other or similar ipas.

Still probably my favorite beer name.

Sucks, as we have discussed, is the best value there is. Even better is that it "ages" well. I probably ran out two months ago and the last bottle was still delicious. 

If you haven't had Smog City yet here is when a trip to Torrance is much needed:

Porter and Laurie are unearthing from the deepest recesses of their cellar (aka walk-in) to pull as many mind-blowing beers as they can for full day of barrel-aged, rare and sour Smog City beers. All beers are in 5gal kegs so it’s a first come, first serve kind of event. All of the beers will only be pouring on Saturday Sept 28th 12-8pm.

Taplist

Cask
2009 O.E.
2011 Callaborative Evil w/Vanilla Beans

Draft
Quercus Circus – 19 month sour barrel-aged belgian blonde
Tempest – 18 month barrel-aged sour red rye
Farmhouse Funk
Bourbon Collaborative Evil – 2011 Collaboration with Julian Shrago of Beachwood BBQ
Bourbon Red – 15 months in bourbon barrels
Bourbon O.E.- Bourbon barrel-aged Olde English
Bourbon Imperial Porter
Weird Beer- 5 Grain Saison with spices
Hive Five- LABW special ingredient beer! 5 different types of Honey at 5.5%abv
GrapeApe IPA- IPA made with 500lbs of flame grapes, pressed on site

Groundwork Coffee Porter
Amarilla Gorilla IPA
Little Bo Pils
L.A. Saison